Bill Phillips Back To Fit Recipes: Lemon-Pepper Salmon Fillet
Eat for Life 101: Eat a delicious broiled salmon fillet, a portion of brown rice, and a serving of steamed broccoli!
Look, we'd be remiss if we just gave you a dozen sweet treats. This staple meal is a bodybuilder's go-to for gains down the road back to fit. The combo of salmon, brown rice, and broccoli is as classic as Arnold's physique. When seasoned correctly, it delivers a burst of flavor. This recipe will get you full, fit, and satisfied!
Preparation time: 45 minutes
- 2 portions brown rice (about 1/2 cup uncooked)
- 2 tbsp fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 lemons, halved, divided
- 2 portions salmon fillet (about 12 oz)
- 1/2 lb broccoli florets
- 3 green onions, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- Prepare brown rice according to package directions.
- While the rice is cooking, preheat broiler.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine fat-free mayonnaise, lemon-pepper seasoning, and the juice of one lemon.
- Lightly coat a broiler pan with cooking spray. Place salmon fillets on the broiler pan (skin-side down) and brush lemon pepper sauce over the top. Broil salmon approximately 6 inches from the broiler until the fillets are cooked through and flake easily with a fork, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- While the salmon is broiling, steam the broccoli in a covered pan for 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir the green onion and parsley into the cooked rice.
- Place portions of salmon and rice on two separate plates along with a serving of broccoli. Top the salmon and broccoli with a squeeze of fresh lemon. Serve and enjoy!
Well-done, medium, or a little on the rare side: How you like your salmon doesn't really affect the quality of the essential fatty acids (EFAs) that are abundantly supplied in this especially nutritious fish. EFAs are important because they play a vital role in maintaining the proper biological functioning of everything from muscles to memory. One of the reasons salmon tastes so good is because our bodies crave these essential fats!
Serving Size: Recipe makes 2 servings
Back To Fit: Lemon-Pepper Salmon Fillet PDF (63.29 KB)