Eat Breakfast Like a King
Tapering your caloric intake is one of the best things you can do to lose fat.
If you are familiar with the phrase, "Eat breakfast like a king and dinner like a pauper", then you are familiar with the idea of tapering your calories.
- What this means is that you should eat your larger meals earlier in the day, i.e. eat your first meal like a king. This gives your body a chance to burn those calories that you just ate.
- Eating most of your carbohydrates, such as cereals, breads and fruit, earlier in the day is recommended as the body does not need them to be eaten at night: you've already got a full days storage of carbs in your body.
- Dinner should be your smallest meal and should be mostly protein with some complex carbs, such as vegetables.
- There is popular advice that says, "don't eat anything after six". This is basically the same idea about tapering calories but it should not be taken as gospel.
- While you may eat after six in the evening and still lose weight, watch what you eat and don't eat too much of it or you will taking in calories that your body doesn't need and will just store.
This is just one tip out of many! View the full listing of tips here.