Grilled Swordfish With Peach and Black-Bean Salsa
- 2 peaches or nectarines, pitted, diced into 1/2-inch pieces (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 kiwi, peeled and diced (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 red pepper, diced (1/2 cup)
- 15 ounces canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup mixture of cilantro, chopped
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco
- juice of 1 lime, divided
- 1 pound swordfish fillets
- 4 whole-grain rolls
- Preheat grill or grill pan. In a medium bowl, toss first 9 ingredients with half of lime juice. Set salsa aside.
- Drizzle remaining juice over fish. Grill 6-8 minutes, until done, turning halfway through. Serve with salsa and rolls.
FYI: The Worldwatch Institute, a conservation organization, reports swordfish are in danger of extinction. Pacific halibut, mahi-mahi and albacore tuna are good environmentally correct substitutes here.
Serving Size (1) Recipe yields 4
Grilled Swordfish With Peach and Black-Bean Salsa PDF (113 KB)