Top 10 Finalists ///
2012 Military Challenge
SPONSORED BY MusclePharm
Do you have what it takes to be the 2012 Bodybuilding.com Military Spokesperson? Bodybuilding.com is looking for the best of the best in the U.S. Military*. Whether you're already in great physical shape or want to utilize this 12 week challenge to transform your body, show how you can reach your physical fitness goals while motivating others. Enter the contest now and prove you're the best!
*Veterans & Military spouses are also eligible to enter.
Winners will be chosen based on their ability to reach their Military Challenge goals over the 12 week contest (not necessarily the biggest or strongest but the best overall) AND their ability to inspire others.
Questions about the Contest? Learn more now!
How Does the Contest Work?
- This contest is open to active, reserve and veteran military members of: U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Marines and U.S. Coast Guard and their spouses.
- Log into your BodySpace account. Don't have a BodySpace? Get one now!
- Register for the contest -it's free! (Registration begins August 1st)
- Your 12-week challenge period starts the minute you register
- Submit your "Before" photos along with your registration photo details here (See "How do I take 'Before' and 'After' photos")
- Get your free 12 week fitness program!
- Personalized workout plan
- Personalized diet plan
- MusclePharm Supplement stacks (optional but recommended)
- Crafted by the experts to help you see results!
- Submit your "After" photos to your BodySpace Progress Pics section and submit your Military Challenge essay to your BodyBlog at the end of your 12 weeks
When Can I Register? Is the Contest Free?
The MusclePharm Military Challenge is free to participate in.
You can register any time between August 1, 2012 and August 31, 2012. You'll have exactly 12 weeks from the minute you register to complete your Military Challenge. This means your challenge starts on the day that you register and your final challenge submissions are due exactly 12 weeks later, so mark your calendars. For example, if you register on August 1, 2012, your 12-week Military Challenge will end on October 23rd, 2012.
How Do I Win and When Will You Pick the Winner?
There will be one male first place winner and one female first place winner chosen from each branch of the military (U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Marines and U.S. Coast Guard) - each first place winner (other than those selected as Grand Prize Winners) will receive a $500 store credit to Bodybuilding.com. The winner(s) of each respective military branch will then compete for the Grand Prize and Title "Bodybuilding.com Military Spokesperson of the Year" with the selection of one (1) male winner and one (1) female winner ("Grand Prize Winners"). Grand prize winners will receive a $2,500 store credit to Bodybuilding.com, trip to Boise, ID for Photo/Video shoot, online feature on Bodybuilding.com and a trip to the 2012 Arnold Sports Festival in Columbus, OH. The winners will be announced on or about December 7, 2012.
This contest is open to active, Veteran and reserve military members of: U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Marines and U.S. Coast Guard and their spouses.
The judges will choose winners based on: best body definition and physical attributes at the Challenge Completion Date, Entrants written summary describing Entrant's training, supplement regimen, how Entrant achieved their Military Challenge goals and why Entrant would be the best Military Spokesperson and motivate others. Judges decisions are final.
The winners will be notified via email or telephone 3 weeks after the contest is over.
Also, don't miss a chance to be one of our weekly winners! Each week we'll give a prize worth up to $150 retail value to an active member of our BodyGroup! Join the BodyGroup and stay involved in the community for your chance to win!
How Do I Take "Before" and "After" Photos?
You'll take 3 body photos when you start your 12 week challenge. Wear your bathing suit or something similar in the photos and take one front, one back, and one side view. In each picture, make sure a newspaper is present with the day's date visible (this way we can match up your photos with your start date). Upload your "Before" photos to your BodySpace Progress Pics section.
12 weeks later, on the last day of your challenge, you'll take 3 more pictures of yourself in your bathing suit-one front, one back, and one side view. In each picture you'll hold a newspaper with that day's date visible just like with your original photos. Upload your "After" photos to your BodySpace Progress Pics section.
Do my face/feet need to show in my 'before' and 'after' photos?
No, but "full body" photos are recommended, as suggested in the official Terms and Conditions.
What should my transformation essay be about?
When you've completed your 12 week Military Challenge, share with us how you accomplished your goal! Let us know what your training schedule was, your supplement regimen, how you achieved your Military Challenge goals and why you would be the best Military Spokesperson and motivate others. Write a minimum of one (1) paragraph or longer, post it in your BodyBlog.and title it 'Final Essay' (If you are experiencing blog problems, please contact email@example.com).
Where Do I Upload My Final Essay & Photos?
Submit your "after" photos to your BodySpace Progress and submit your transformation essay to your BodyBlog at the end of your 12 weeks.
What If I Have Other Frequently Asked Questions?
- Is this contest open to Canadians? No, sorry, this contest is only open to U.S. residents, as noted in the official Terms and Conditions.
- 2. How do I know if my registration was accepted? You will receive an automatic confirmation/welcome email from Bodybuilding.com within a few minutes. Additionally, within a week after you sign up, you will start to receive Marketing email updates about the contest. You may also return to the registration page, and if it won't let you re-register, then that means that you are already in the registration database, so you're all set. (You should see a countdown timer instead that shows you how many days left you have in your transformation instead of the registration form.) If you don't see either of these things, please re-register ASAP.
- When does my official 12 weeks start? Your 12-week challenge starts the minute you register.
- Can I change/update my start date? No.
- When does my official 12 weeks end? Your 12-week challenge ends exactly 84 days later.
- Am I required to follow the recommended training and/or meal plans? No, you may train in whatever way works for you (or as prescribed by your personal trainer), and/or eat according to your own specific dietary needs or desires.
- What happens if my email address changes during the contest? Communications regarding the contest will be sent to the email address on file. It is your responsibility to notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org of a change of email address.
- Do my feet/face need to show in my "before" and "after" photos? No, but "full body" photos are recommended, as suggested in the official Terms and Conditions.
- Is a workout log required? No, logs are not required as part of this contest. But daily or weekly posts to your BodyBlog are recommended because they will help establish an active BodySpace profile, encourage accountability, and help you track your progress and stay motivated during the challenge.
- How do I ensure my chances of being eligible for the weekly prize drawings? Participate actively in the official contest BodyGroup (required to win weekly prizes) and forum thread (optional, but recommended).
- What if I'm in the military and can't get a current newspaper? Assuming you have Internet access, print off the main page of the Stars and Stripes website (www.stripes.com) and hold that up in your photos instead. Thanks for serving our country!
- Isn't this contest 3 months long? No, it's 12 weeks. 3 months and 12 weeks are not exactly the same length. The exact number of days in this contest is 84 days (12 weeks × 7 days per week = 84 days).