One Arm Floor Press Images
One Arm Floor Press Instructions
- Lie down on a flat surface with your back pressing against the floor or an exercise mat. Make sure your knees are bent.
- Have a partner hand you the bar on one hand. When starting, your arm should be just about fully extended, similar to the starting position of a barbell bench press. However, this time your grip will be neutral (palms facing your torso).
- Make sure the hand you are not using to lift the weight is placed by your side.
- Begin the exercise by lowering the barbell until your elbow touches the ground. Make sure to breathe in as this is the eccentric (lowering part of the exercise).
- Then start lifting the barbell back up to the original starting position. Remember to breathe out during the concentric (lifting part of the exercise).
- Repeat until you have performed your recommended repetitions.
- Switch arms and repeat the movement.
Variations: You can also perform this exercise using dumbbells. By using dumbbells you will be able to isolate your chest and add some variety to your workouts.
Caution: When you are done, do not drop the barbell or dumbbell next to you as this is dangerous to your rotator cuff in your shoulders and others working out around you. A better way to do this is to use both of your hands to grab the barbell or dumbbell and place it to your side. Simply move the barbell or dumbbell away from the arm you are exercising before dropping the weights. This will ensure optimal safety and prevent any injuries.