Mixed Grip Chin Images
Mixed Grip Chin Instructions
- Using a spacing that is just about 1 inch wider than shoulder width, grab a pull-up bar with the palms of one hand facing forward and the palms of the other hand facing towards you. This will be your starting position.
- Now start to pull yourself up as you exhale. Tip: With the arm that has the palms facing up concentrate on using the back muscles in order to perform the movement. The elbow of that arm should remain close to the torso. With the other arm that has the palms facing forward, the elbows will be away but in line with the torso. You will concentrate on using the lats to pull your body up.
- After a second contraction at the top, start to slowly come down as you inhale.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
- On the following set, switch grips; so if you had the right hand with the palms facing you and the left one with the palms facing forward, on the next set you will have the palms facing forward for the right hand and facing you for the left.
- If you are new at this exercise and do not have the strength to perform it, use a chin assist machine if available. These machines use weight to help you push your bodyweight.
- Otherwise, a spotter holding your legs can help.
- On the other hand, more advanced lifters can add weight to the exercise by using a weight belt that allows the addition of weighted plates.