Machine Bench Press Images
- Sit down on the Chest Press Machine and select the weight.
- Step on the lever provided by the machine since it will help you to bring the handles forward so that you can grab the handles and fully extend the arms.
- Grab the handles with a palms-down grip and lift your elbows so that your upper arms are parallel to the floor to the sides of your torso. Tip: Your forearms will be pointing forward since you are grabbing the handles. Once you bring the handles forward and extend the arms you will be at the starting position.
- Now bring the handles back towards you as you breathe in.
- Push the handles away from you as you flex your pecs and you breathe out. Hold the contraction for a second before going back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of reps.
- When finished step on the lever again and slowly get the handles back to their original place.
Variations: You can use free weights (barbells and dumbbells) to perform this exercise on a regular bench. Alternatively, you can use the pulley machine as well.