Lying Close-Grip Barbell Triceps Extension Behind The Head Images
Lying Close-Grip Barbell Triceps Extension Behind The Head Instructions
- While holding a barbell or EZ Curl bar with a pronated grip (palms facing forward), lie on your back on a flat bench with your head close to the end of the bench. Tip: If you are holding a barbell grab it using a shoulder-width grip and if you are using an E-Z Bar grab it on the inner handles.
- Extend your arms in front of you and slowly bring the bar back in a semi circular motion (while keeping the arms extended) to a position over your head. At the end of this step your arms should be overhead and perpendicular to the floor. This will be your starting position. Tip: Keep your elbows in at all times.
- As you inhale, lower the bar by bending at the elbows and while keeping the upper arm stationary. Keep lowering the bar until your forearms are perpendicular to the floor.
- As you exhale bring the bar back up to the starting position by pushing the bar up in a semi-circular motion until the lower arms are also parallel to the floor. Contract the triceps hard at the top of the movement for a second. Tip: Again, only the forearms should move. The upper arms should remain stationary at all times.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Variation: You can use dumbbells to make the exercise more challenging.