- Name: Tonya Carter
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 42
- Where: Ravenna, OH
- Height: 5'6"
- Weight: 130 lbs
- Years Bodybuilding :2
- Favorite Bodypart: Arms/Legs
- Favorite Exercise: Side Lateral Raises/Good Mornings
- Favorite Supplements: ON Amino Chewables, ON Gold Standard Whey, Jack3d
How Did You Get Started?
After 24 years of smoking, I quit and started researching fitness. I wanted to be happy and healthy. I spectated at a local NPC Natural bodybuilding competition and grew the desire to challenge myself to become one of those competitors. I only had three months of training, by myself that is, and placed 8th in figure. Six months later I tried my luck again and fell into the same placing. I knew I needed more time to train for a higher placing. After all I abused my body for over 24 years and reversing time does not happen overnight...there are no magic pills...it is hard work and dedication.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
The plan that works best for me is when I change my workouts around frequently, but can honestly say that lifting heavy weight with lower repetitions four days a week works best for my body type.
- Barbell Squats: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Deadlifts: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Good Mornings: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Dumbbell Lunges: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Standing Hamstring Curls: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Standing Calf Raises: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Dumbbell Step-Ups: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Plate Weight Shrugs: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Barbell Rows: 3 sets of 10 reps
- One Arm Dumbbell Row: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Seated Row: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Dumbbell Lateral Raise: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Military Press: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Barbell Curls: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Dumbbell Curls: 4 sets of 15 reps
- External Rotations: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Reverse Curls: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Triceps Extensions: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Hammer Curls: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Triceps Pushdowns: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Skull Crushers: 3 sets of 8 reps
- V-Ups: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Decline Crunch: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Weighted Side Bends: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Elliptical: 30 minutes
- Plyo Circuit: 2 rounds
Burpees: 1 set of 30 reps
Mountain Climbers: 1 set of 30 reps
Squat Jumps: 1 set of 30 reps
Burpees: 1 set of 30 reps
- Barbell Squats: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Deadlifts: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Good Mornings: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Dumbbell Lunges: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Standing Hamstring Curls: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Standing Calf Raises: 4 sets of 8 reps
- Dumbbell Step-Ups: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Plate Weight Shrugs: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Barbell Rows: 3 sets of 8 reps
- One Arm Dumbbell Row: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Seated Row: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Dumbbell Lateral Raise: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Military Press: 3 sets of 8 reps
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
The nutrition plan that works best for me is to eat six clean meals daily. I am sure to incorporate 25-30 grams of protein per meal along with a carbohydrate source and keep my fat to a minimum with eating only what good fats are required for proper bodily function such as flax seed, fish oil tablets, and olive oils.
- 1/2 cup dry oats with dash cinnamon and Stevia for sweetener
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 5 egg whites
- 1 cup green tea or coffee and Water
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
The supplements that have given me the greatest gains are various whey proteins, and Jack3d for energy and a creatine punch before each weight training session.
- Optimum Nutrition Opti-Women Multivitamin: 1 serving
- Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey: 1.5 scoops
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love the sport of bodybuilding and fitness because it makes me feel good inside and out. I am healthier, which in turn makes me happier, and it doesn't hurt to have the mirror smile back at you either.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
My family motivates me most in following a healthy lifestyle. They are proud of what I have done with my life for the first time in years, not that they ever stopped loving me, but I didn't always live "right."
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
I have a continuous inner drive that challenges me to achieving my goals regardless if they are in fitness or in the office.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
After placing 22nd in the first annual Status Fitness Magazine's Top 100 Sexiest Fitness Models, my future fitness and bodybuilding plans are to one day grace the cover of Oxygen Magazine and take upon motivational speaking for all ages on health and wellness.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
One tip I would give other fitness competitors is that being fit is all about you, people's opinions are just that, give it your all and never give up.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?