- Name: Tony Pupillo
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Age: 25
- Where: St. Louis, MO
- Height: 5'5"
- Weight: 195 lbs off, 154 lbs contest
- Years Bodybuilding :7
- Favorite Bodypart: Back
- Favorite Exercise: Deadlift
- Favorite Supplements: Scivation Xtend, PrimaForce Beta-Alanine
How Did You Get Started?
I started working out in 8th grade because my dad dragged me to the gym for hockey. He was big into working out and competed before. After lifting with him I was hooked and I continued to lift through high school for hockey, and lacrosse. When I graduated that's when I decided to compete.
I liked the strength and size I was getting and how much it improved my playing in sports. When I graduated that's when I decided to compete. After competing for the first time I couldn't wait to get back on stage and constantly wanted to get better and better.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
I believe in as heavy weight as possible with good form. I usually train everything once a week sometimes I will switch and do Layne Norton's power/hypertrophy split. I think that every rep range has benefits so they should all be incorporated. The workout I am using now is this:
- Barbell Rows: 4 sets of 10, 8, 6, 4-6 reps
- Weighted Pull-Ups: 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Dumbbell Rows: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Underhand Grip Cable Rows: 4 sets of 8-15 reps
- Deadlifts: 5 sets of 5, 5, 5, 2-4, 15-20 reps
- Upright Rows With Dumbbells: 3 drop sets of 10 reps
- Incline Barbell Bench: 4 sets of 10, 8, 6, 4-6 reps
- Slight Incline Dumbbell Bench: 4 sets of 10, 8, 6, 4-6 reps
- Incline Flyes: 4 sets of 6-10 reps
- Pec Deck: 7 sets of 10 reps
- Barbell Curl: 3 sets of 4-8 reps
- Dumbbell Curls: 2 sets of 6-8 reps
- Hammer Curls: 2 sets of 6-8 reps
- Cable Bar Curl: 1 set of 20 reps
- Squats: 5 sets of 10, 8, 6-8, 4-6, 20 reps
- Leg Press Or Hack Squats: 4 sets of 6-12 reps
- Lunges: 3 sets of 8-15 reps
- Leg Curls: 4 sets of 6-12 reps
- Seated Calf Raise: 10 sets of 10 reps
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 4 sets of 6-10 reps
- Lateral Raise: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Incline Rear Delt Flyes: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Upright Rows: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Smith Machine Press: 7 sets of 10 reps
- Weighted Dips: 4 sets of 6-10 reps
- Overhead Extensions: 4 sets of 6-10 reps
- Reverse Cable Pushdowns: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
- 8 oz tilapia
- 4-5 spears asparagus
I cycle my carbohydrates, 3 low days (shown above is a low day), 1 high day (double carbohydrates at all meals).
For off season I just cut back protein to 6oz and add in carbohydrates and fats at each meal.
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
I have got my best gains from Scivation Xtend, PrimaForce Beta-Alanine, Higher Power Creatine, AST Glutamine, and Optimum Opti-Men, which are all taken post-workout. My favorite supplement for before training is Controlled Labs White Flood, and USPlabs Jack3d. I'll throw other stuff in from time to time just for a change.
- Scivation Xtend: 4 scoops
- PrimaForce Beta-Alanine: 2g
- Higher Power Creatine Monohydrate: 5g
- AST Glutamine: 10g
- Optimum Opti-Men: 1 serving
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
It gives you a great deal of discipline which I believe helps you in all aspects of life. I also love the rush I get from breaking a personal record in the gym and walking on stage.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
I always ate clean and was athletic because of my family's background. Everyone in my family is very active, athletic and eats very healthy. I continue to be motivated to live this lifestyle because of the constant progress I make, and the way it makes me feel mentally, and physically. There is a major difference in the way someone feels when eating a burger from a fast food place and someone who is eating a lean piece of chicken and some greens.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
I am a very competitive person and very goal oriented. If I set my mind to it there is nobody that will come in the way of that goal. I am constantly striving to be better and top my personal best. I think if someone doesn't have any goals that things just fall apart. I believe it is important to set short term as well as long term goals and shoot for them as best as you can.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I just want to keep getting bigger and leaner for each bodybuilding show I compete in.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
In this sport you need to be patient, train hard, and eat right and you will obtain your goals.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?
I am constantly surfing Bodybuilding.com. I like looking at all the articles and videos. I follow a lot of Layne Norton and the Scivation guys videos and postings. I think that this site gives everyone from a beginner to an advanced bodybuilder or athlete great tips and information. I also like to use the forums a lot and see different reviews and logs going on there, and there are just a lot of funny people in them to make the work day go by faster.