- Name: Ted McCammant
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 38
- Where: Stanwood, WA
- Height: 6'
- Weight: 205 lbs off 188-192 lbs contes
- Years Bodybuilding :1
- Favorite Bodypart: Chest
- Favorite Exercise: Bench Press
- Favorite Supplements: Whey Protein
How Did You Get Started?
I have always been into weight lifting since playing sports in high school. I even competitively bench pressed in high school. I have always found time to devote to weight training and cardiovascular improvement. I have competed in triathlons and look forward to someday doing a marathon run.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
I have always enjoyed spending time in the gym, which is why I train one body part per day six days a week. I do cardio everyday of the week for at least 45 minutes, which consists of mostly jogging. I have begun to incorporate more stair stepper and cross fit type cardio to break up the monotony.
- Bench Press: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Incline Dumbbells: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Single Arm Dumbbell Press: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Incline Barbell Press: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Cable Flyes: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Single Arm Cable Pushdowns: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Double Arm Dumbbell Overhead Push: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Skull Crushers: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Push Up: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Rope Pushdown: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Military Press: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Upright Rows: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Side Dumbbell Raises: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Front Dumbbell Raises: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Shrugs: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Wide Grip Pulldowns: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Close Grip Pulldowns: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Underhand Barbell Rows: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Dumbbell Pullovers: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Curl Bar: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Straight Bar: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Dumbbell Curls: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Cable Overhead Curls: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Straight Bar Machine Curls: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Squats: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Hack Squats: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Quad Machine: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Ham Machine: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Calf Raises: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Weighted Lunges: 4 sets of 12 reps
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
- 17g whey protein
- Mix together and fry as pancake - use Walden's syrup for topping:
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup cottage cheese
8 egg whites
2 tbsp ground flax
1/4 cup milk
- 34g whey protein
- 34g whey protein
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
I do not utilize a great deal of supplementation. I choose to get most of my nutrition from whole foods. I do though use a whey protein from CytoSport that is a combination of concentrates and isolates. I also take a multivitamin each day along with fish oil and vitamin D because I live in the Northwest.
- CytoSport Complete Whey: 2 scoops
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
The stress release from training hard is a must for me. I enjoy the sense of accomplishment each time I walk out of the gym. I look at my training as a journey to longer and happier life. The gym is a positive place with positive people all around me so why wouldn't I want to be there is my thought.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
My motivation comes from the need to live life. I want to experience many different things in my time here and I know if I want to do that I need to eat healthy and train hard. Also, the looking good at the beach never hurts either!
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
I have always been intrigued by the discipline it takes to get ready for a show, but up to last Thanksgiving I never had the mindset. Now it is easy to gear my mind to follow a strict diet and do what is necessary in order to achieve at greater levels. Life to me is the ultimate goal and in that major goal are simply thousands of sub-goals.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I am getting ready for the Washington Ironman, which is being held on September 24th in Snoqualmie, WA. After that, I think I am going to switch gears a bit and train to run a marathon. I realize bodybuilding and marathon running are not two sports that necessarily mix, but it is the training that excites me.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Never try to use a cookie cutter plan or a fad diet that comes in a bag. Nutrition and exercise are easily understood and educating oneself will take you farther than you think.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
I do not have a favorite, but I do like Bob and Jillian from The Biggest Loser. They take a practical approach to diet and exercise. Calories in vs. calories out!
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?
I do a great deal of research on Bodybuilding.com. I usually spend at least 8 hours a week reading articles.