- Name: Scott S
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 44
- Where: Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Height: 6'2"
- Weight: 215 lbs
- Years Bodybuilding :3
- Favorite Bodypart: Shoulders
- Favorite Exercise: Dumbbell Shoulder Press
- Favorite Supplements: Dymatize Elite Mass Gainer
How Did You Get Started?
I have always been involved with sports my whole life, playing football, basketball, and baseball. When I graduated Carroll High School in Corpus Christi Texas, I took a few years to find myself, moving back to Colorado and eventually joined the US Navy. That was when I really started to learn how to lift weights and I started training for Semi-Pro Football when I left the Navy.
I played football for 10 years and when I stopped I needed to find something I could compete in, so I became a Certified Personal Trainer to learn how to better train myself and started to prepare for Bodybuilding. I was hooked!
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
- Squats: 4-5 sets of 12-4 reps
- Leg Press/Hack Squat: 4-5 sets of 12-4 reps
- Stiff Leg Deadlifts: 3 sets of 12-4 reps
- Dumbbell Walking Lunges: 3 sets of 12-4 reps
- Lying Leg Curl: 4 sets of 12-4 reps
- Leg Extensions: 4 sets of 12-4 reps
- Dumbbell Chest Press: 4-5 sets of 12-4 reps
- Incline Press: 3 sets of 12-4 reps
- Decline Press: 3 sets of 12-4 reps
- Dumbbell Flyes: 3 sets of 12-4 reps
- Preacher Curl: 3 sets of 12-4 reps
- Barbell Curl: 3 sets of 12-4 reps
- Scott Curl: 3 sets of 12-4 reps
- T-Bars/Dumbbell Row: 4-5 sets of 12-4 reps
- Lat Pulldowns: 3 sets of 12-4 reps
- Cable Row: 3 sets of 12-4 reps
- Pull Ups: 3 sets of 12-4 reps
- French Press: 3 sets of 12-4 reps
- Skull Crushers: 3 sets of 12-4 reps
- Close Grip Bench Press: 3 sets of 12-4 reps
- Military Press: 4-5 sets of 12-4 reps
- Dumbbell Military Press: 3 sets of 12-4 reps
- Lateral/Front Raise: 3 sets of 12-4 reps
- Upright Row: 3 sets of 12-4 reps
- Shrugs: 3 sets of 12-4 reps
- Standing Calf Raise: 4-5 sets of 12-4 reps
- Calf Press: 3 sets of 12-4 reps
- Seated Calf Raises: 3 sets of 12-4 reps
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
- Rainbow Light Men's One Energy Multivitamin: 1 serving
- NOW E-1000: 1 soft gel
- NOW C-1000: 1 cap
- NOW B-100 Caps: 1 cap
- NOW Omega-3: 1 soft gel
- Dymatize BCAA Complex 2200: 4 caps
- Nature's Science Potassium: 1 cap
- Dymatize Elite Mass Gainer: 4 scoops
- NOW Arginine Power Super Stack: 1 scoop
- Optimum Glutamine Powder: 5g
- BSN CellMass: 1 scoop
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
Bodybuilding really requires a strong mind and a lot of commitment and dedication to achieve your goals. I've had my ups and downs when it comes to reaching goals, but I will tell you that staying dedicated and keeping a strong mind, I continue to reach each of my short term goals and eventually I reach my 12 week goal or 20 week goal. I guess I really enjoy the challenge and the daily obstacles I have to overcome and constantly trying to improve my physique from the last show.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
My motivation comes from many different sources. As I see the improvement developing with my physique, I get motivated. They say behind a strong man is a good woman. I can't say enough about Alex, my fiancé; she really keeps me on track and is my reason to stay motivated.
She is also one of my workout partners. Which bring me to my other workout partner, Curtis, who also competes and has the same goals and training philosophy as me.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
I have always been competitive, playing football, basketball and baseball throughout high school, playing semi-pro football for several years after serving in the US Navy. So the challenge is always to improve myself, I really don't worry about beating anyone else but my self and my last show.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I don't plan to compete until the 2012 Southern Colorado Natural Bodybuilding/Figure/Bikini & Armed Forces Championships in Colorado Springs, Colorado and the 2012 Mile High Natural Bodybuilding/Fitness/Figure/Bikini Championships in Denver, CO.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
I've always believed in the "If it's not broke don't fix it" theory. I see a lot of competitors changing what has worked for them. The other thing is make sure you're getting proper training and nutrition information from a good source.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?
I am a certified trainer and instructor for W.I.T.S. (World Instructor Training Schools); I like to use Bodybuilding.com as a resource for further educating myself and improve my knowledge of training, nutrition and supplementation. I also use Bodybuilding.com exclusively to order my supplements.