- Name: Phil Placko
- E-mail: Philplacko@sbcglobal.net
- Age: 42
- Where: Struthers, Ohio
- Height: 5'9"
- Weight: 162 on, 185 off
- Years Bodybuilding :20
- Favorite Bodypart: Biceps
- Favorite Exercise: Dumbbell Curls
- Favorite Supplements: Beverly International
How Did You Get Started?
I went with a friend to his competition and thought, "I have been training longer than him. Maybe I should try it and see if I have what it takes along with the will power for the diet and intense training."
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
During my 13 weeks prior to show workout I break each body part on its own day
Monday - Chest:
- 3 sets of light triceps for warmup
- 4 sets of flat bench of 10-12 reps
- 3 sets incline dumbbell 10-12 reps
- 3 sets of cables 10-12 reps of upper-mid and lower cables
- 3 sets of pec dec
- Cardio 30-40 min at the end of day
Tuesday - Legs:
- 3 sets of hack machine
- 4 sets of 10-12 reps of leg extensions
- 3 sets of abductor and adductor machine
- 4 sets of calf raises
- 3 sets of tibia
- No cardio on legs day
Wednesday - Back:
- 1 warmup of lat pulls
- 3 heavy drop sets of lat pulls straight bar
- 3 sets of V bar lat pulls
- 3 sets V bar seated rows
- 3 sets light cable pulls straight arm
- 3 sets shrugs, alternate on back day or shoulders day
- Cardio 20-30 min end of day
Thursday - Hamstrings & Calves:
- 1 warmup set of leg curls
- 3 sets of drop set leg curls
- Wide sissy squats or leg press toes turned out legs wide
- 3 sets of lunges with 15lb dumbbells
- No cardio on legs days
(calves two days because mine are hard to grow)
Friday - Shoulders & Arms:
- 3 sets of military 10 reps (front)
- 3 sets of military light behind the neck on smith machine
- 3 sets of dumbbell military drop sets
- 2 sets of side laterals
- 2 sets of front dumbbell laterals
- 3 sets of rear delt dumbbells on incline bench
- 3 sets of V bar push downs drop sets
- 3 sets of rope push downs drop sets
- reverse grip pull downs drop sets
- every other arms day add kick backs
- 3 sets of dumbbell arm curls drop sets
- French bar 2 sets inside and 2 sets outside curls light and hold contraction
- 2 sets of straight bar light hold contractions
- 2 sets of hammer dumbbell curls
- Cardio at the end of the day for 20-30min
Cardio only 45 min
All cardio is done at the end of the day at least 6-8 hrs after or before weight training.
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
I try to stick with the same foods daily it's boring but it works.
I pyramid my carbs and protein from high carbs of 175-200 down to 50 on low day then back up and reduce my proteins down on my high carb days.
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Almost all Beverly International:
- Daily Vitamin packs
- whey protein
- casein proteins
- Ultra 40
- Liquid egg white from Egg whites international
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love the way you feel and how you make your body change no matter what your age is.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I want to get my pro card and then get certified to personal train so I can train others to meet their goals.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Set a goal and just go for it. Forget your age and set your goals high and have fun doing it. Be sure to practice your posing weeks before every show so your posing is perfect.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
Favorite of all time is Frank Zane, Mr. O at 185 lbs.