- Name: Peter Cusson
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 41
- Where: Boston, MA
- Height: 6'3''
- Weight: 226 Lbs.
- Years Bodybuilding :1
- Favorite Bodypart: Legs and Chest
- Favorite Exercise: Smith Machine Squats and Incline Dumbbell Presses
- Favorite Supplements: Nutrex Hemo-Rage Black
How Did You Get Started?
I started weight training in High School while playing basketball and baseball. I continued my basketball career into college and had a weight training program there as well. After college I continued training.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
Although I've switched my routine up quite often over the years, the routine that always seemed to work best for me was the 4 day on, 1 day off split. This is the one I currently use. I train one major body part and one smaller body part each day for 4 days. Take 1 day off to rest, then repeat the 4 day routine, etc. This allows me to hit each body part every 6 days. At my age, this seems to work well.
I do cardio 5 days per week. I typically do HIIT cardio either on the treadmill where I will do a brisk walk/job for 2 minutes, then sprint for 1 minute, and repeat. This can be done on both the treadmill and elliptical. I also take MMA training classes and Krav Maga training classes each once per week.
- Incline Dumbbell Press: 4 sets of 5 reps
- Machine Presses: 3 sets of 1 rep
- Cable Crossover: 3 sets of 1 rep
- Dips (bodyweight): 3 sets of 2 reps
- Close-Grip Bench: 4 sets of 1 rep
- Triceps Pushdown: 4 sets of 1 rep
- Behind-The-Neck Triceps Extension: 3 sets of 1 rep
- Dumbbell Presses: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Lateral Raises: 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 8 reps
- Dumbbell Shrugs: 4 sets of 12, 12, 12, 12 reps
- Upright Rows: 3 sets of 10, 10, 10 reps
- Front Raises: 3 sets of 10, 10, 10 reps
- Alternating Dumbbell Curl: 4 sets of 12, 10, 10, 8 reps
- Standing Barbell Curl: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Standing Iron Cross Cable Curls: 3 drop sets of 10, 8, 6 reps
- Pullups: 4 sets of 18, 12, 10, 8 reps
- Wide-Grip Lat Pulldowns: 3 sets of 10, 10, 8 reps
- Face Rope Pulls 3 sets of: 10, 10, 10 reps
- Crunches: 4 sets of 25 reps
- Cable Crunches: 4 sets of 25 reps
- Oblique Crunches with Dumbbells: 3 sets of 15 reps each side
- Exercise Ball Pushups: 3 sets of 25 reps
- Leg Extensions: 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 8 reps
- Smith Machine Squats: 5 sets of 10, 8, 8, 6, 6 reps
- Long-Stride Dumbbell Lunges: 3 sets of 12, 12, 10, 8 reps
- Romanian Deadlift: 4 sets of 12, 12, 10, 10 reps
- Lying Leg Curl: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
Here is a sample day for my nutrition plan:
Meal 1: Upon Rising
- 1/2 scoop whey protein with 1 tsp dextrose
- 5 egg whites w/ veggies (usually spinach)
- 1 egg whole
- 3/4 cup (dry) old-fashioned oatmeal or 2 pcs. Ezekiel bread
- 1 Labrada Lean Body Carb Watcher MRP
- 24 raw almonds or 1 pc. Ezekiel bread w/ 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 Labrada Lean Body Carb Watcher MRP
- 1 green apple
- 1 Larabar
- 6 oz lean, non-fatty fish or 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 pcs. raisin Ezekiel bread or 1/2 cup brown rice
- Optional: 1 cup dark green veggie (asparagus, spinach, green beans)
Meal 7: 15 Min Before Bed
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
I have used several supplements in the past few years. I get the most out of the current preworkout drinks, i.e. Jack3d, Hemo Rage Black, etc. I am currently using Bullnox Androrush which combines the typical preworkout ingredients like caffeine, argenine, and beta-alanine with natural testosterone boosters like tribulus terestris. I have used glutamine in the past as well with good results. I have tried glucosamine with chondroitin for sore elbows, shoulders, and knee joints.
I always get excellent results from creatine supplementation. I typically do a 6-8 week cycle and take 4 weeks off.
My current supplementation looks like this:
- Betancourt Bullnox Androrush: 2 scoops
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love the adrenaline rush I get from hitting the heavy weights. I love the endorphin rush after an amazing workout. I love the attention I get from people who recognize my efforts and drive. I love the healthy impact it has on me, my family, and the people around me. The people within the fitness community inspire and motivate me every day to the point where I actually have to force myself to take days off. This lifestyle is a privilege and an honor to me NOT something I dread or have to force myself to do.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
My family has a history of serious health problems. I try to use this lifestyle to fend off those aspects of my family history. I love setting the example for those around me to follow and see that it CAN be done. It just takes discipline and consistency.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
Seeing my gigantic gut and flabby pecs in that beach pic. I was ALWAYS the "athletic guy" through High School and College. Then let myself go. After seeing the results it fed on itself to the point where I now CRAVE going to the gym.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
Last year my goal for turning 40 was to get in the best shape of my life and memorialize it with a professional photo shoot. I have now done a few different shoots. This year I am contemplating doing my first amateur bodybuilding show in the spring/summer.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
You have to have the mindset that you can do this. Not one second goes by in any day where I don't believe I can achieve what I want. Someone asked me what my mindset was when I first knew I was going to make a change. I said, "I don't wanna just be another guy who lost some weight and hey good for him. I want to blow people's minds!" Not one second has gone by in the past two years when I didn't believe this would be the case. You have to believe that you can do it and that you are worth doing it.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
I personally admire those everyday people who have transformed their bodies. The people with great genetics and who grace the stage with amazing bodies are fantastic.
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?
I use the workout tracker to track my daily workouts. I use the progress pictures to track my visual progress. I have posted a workout video with myself and my two daughters. I also like to play guitar and sing so from time to time I will post music videos of my LAME performances. I use the BodyBlogs from time to time as an outlet to spew my verbal ramblings and have fun with other BodySpace members.