- Name: Nick Bloch
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 22
- Where: Brownsville, Wisconsin
- Height: 6'0"
- Weight: 250 Lbs
- Years Bodybuilding :4
- Favorite Bodypart: Legs
- Favorite Exercise: Squats
- Favorite Supplements: BSN Syntha-6
How Did You Get Started?
Then my senior year of high school I decided to do a contest after the football season was over. Since the minute I stepped on stage I knew I would be hooked for life.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
Monday: Chest & Triceps
- Barbell Bench Press - 5 x 3
- Incline Dumbbell Press - 4 x 6
- Incline Dumbbell Flyes - 4 x 8
- Triceps Rope Pushdown - 3 x 10-12
- Triceps Pushdown - 3 x 12
- Pec Dec Fly - 3 x 10-15
Tuesday: Back & Biceps
- Lat Pulldown - 5 x 8-10
- Dumbbell Row - 4 x 8-10
- Seated Cable Row - 3 x 10
- Close Grip Lat Pulldown - 3 x 10-15
- Barbell Curls - 4 x 10
- Incline Dumbbell Curls - 3 x 12
- Forearm Curls - 3 x 15
- Deadlift - 4 x 10
- Barbell Squats - 5 x 3
- Barbell Front Squat - 4 x 6
- Barbell Lunges - 4 x 10
- Leg Extensions - 2 x 10
- Lying Leg Curls - 2 x 10
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press - 4 x 8
- Dumbbell Front Raise - 4 x 10
- Dumbbell Lateral Raise - 4 x 10
- Rear Delt Raise - 4 x 10
- Single Arm Cable Lateral Raise - 3 x 10-15
- Close-Grip Bench Press - 4 x 10
- Skull Crushers - 4 x 10
- Single Arm Preacher Curl - 4 x 10
- Hammer Curl - 4 x 10
- Triceps Rope Pushdown - 4 x 10
- Alternate Dumbbell Curl - 4 x 10
Although this is an accurate list of the split and lifts I perform, there are a lot of lifts that I can substitute in this list depending on how I'm feeling that day.
Sometimes I won't deadlift at all on leg days. I like to do this because it keeps my workouts from being boring and doing the same exact thing every week. I do this with all of my body parts to keep my workouts fresh.
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
3:00 P.M.: Pre-Workout
5:00 P.M.: Post-Workout
I have adopted the 90% rule. It pretty much means that you eat clean food 90% of the time and the other 10% you can eat whatever, whenever.
I like this method because it means I don't have to be perfect with my diet, especially since I'm trying to gain weight right now.
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Right now the only supplements I am taking are Carb Slam, and Syntha-6 protein. I try to get most of my calories and nutrients from whole foods. I try to eat as much as possible and it seems to be working.
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
It was hard at times and took a lot of mental power to keep going. In my opinion it takes just as much, if not more mental toughness to diet and prepare for a show then it did playing football.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I'm taking some time off right now and I'm going to try and gain some weight and get up to 260 lbs so when I compete next spring/summer I should be around 220 lbs onstage. I'm also moving to Dallas, TX in January so I'm going to compete there for my next show.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
One tip that I would give other bodybuilders is to keep working hard and realize that dreams don't come true overnight.
Just keep up with what you're doing and if you ever feel a lack of motivation, just think about all of the less fortunate people in the world that would give anything to be doing what you are.