- Name: Mike Morris
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 33
- Where: Shawnee, Oklahoma
- Height: 5' 11"
- Weight: 155 Lbs.
- Years Bodybuilding :1
- Favorite Bodypart: Legs
- Favorite Exercise: Front Squats
- Favorite Supplements: Universal Animal Pak, Animal Nitro, and Animal Pump.
How Did You Get Started?
I have continually worked out since I was a freshman in high school but it wasn't serious or with any focus. I had always wanted to compete in a competition but didn't think it was ever feasible, so I continued to just "work out." I was basically in the gym with friends just slinging iron. Finally, through proper nutrition a solid workout plan and a determination that I found somewhere deep inside I made the decision to step onstage and just see exactly what I could do.Competed at the 2007 NANBF Tulsa and placed 2nd in Novice Men Tall.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
To prepare for my first competition I did a full body workout three times a week with cardio on the off days to attempt to continue to build muscle mass while stripping excess body fat.
Monday, Wednesday & Friday:
- Squat: 10-12 x 2
- Decline dumbbell bench: 10 x 2
- Seated row: 10 x 2
- Dumbbell military press: 10 x 2
- Shrugs: 10 x 2
- Triceps pushdown: 10-12 x 2
- Leg extension: 10-12 x 2
- Dumbbell bicep curl: 10 x 2
- Leg curl: 10-12 x 2
Tuesday & Thursday:
Cardio and ab work
- Incline bench: 11-15, (rest pause) static hold, 20 rep widow flyes
- Shoulder dumbbell press: 11-15 (rp)
- Reverse bench: 11-20
- Chins: 11-20 (rp)
- Deadlifts: 6-9, increase weight 9-12
I am currently in a bulking phase and am very pleased with the doggcrapp workout.
- Squat: 6-10 20 decrease weight 20 rep widow
- Leg curls: 15-30 (rp)
- Seated calf: 10-12
- Straight bar curl: 11-20 (rp) static hold
- Reverse dumbbell: 10-20 (rp)
- Flat dumbbell bench: 11-15 (rp) static hold, 20 rep widow flyes
- Upright rows: 11-20 (rp)
- Close grip bench: 11-20 (rp)
- Close reverse grip pulldowns: 11-20 (rp)
- C.g. seated row: 10-12
- Front squats: 6-10 decrease weight 20 rep widow
- Stiff-leg deadlifts: 15-25 (rp)
- Standing calf raises: 10-12
- EZ-bar curls; 11-20 (rp)
- hammer curls: 10-20 (rp)
- Decline dumbbell press: 11-15 (rp) static hold
- Shrugs: 11-15
- Straight bar skull crushers: 15-30 (rp)
- Pulldowns: 11-20 (rp)
- Bent-over rows: 6-9 decrease weight 9-12
- Lunges: 6-10
- Single leg lying curls: 15-30 (rp)
- Single leg calf raises: 10-12
- Alt dumbbell curls: 11-20 static hold
- Wrist curls: 10-20
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
I have found personally that if I look at a caloric number that I want to achieve for a specific "phase" and then I can just maintain a 50% protein, 35% carbohydrate, and 15% EFA ratio according to caloric intake for a day. The protein normally will consist of seafood, fish, chicken, lean cuts of beef, and of course, whey protein. The carb intake I try to reach from a whole wheat pasta or vegetables and fruit. While my fat intake will come from an added EFA into my protein shakes.
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
I have tried a LOT of supplements throughout the years trying to find that "magic" supplement and to be honest, I started seeing the most gains when I began taking the Universal animal line. The Pak and Nitro are exactly what they say they are "essentials".
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
Anyone can do it. It doesn't matter who you are or what your story is, if you can pay your dues and go against the immovable iron then you can body build. The only person you have to prove anything to is yourself.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I am going to shoot for a WNBF pro card. I am currently competing in the NANBF circuit, which is the amateur bracket of the WNBF.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
If competing is something you are truly passionate about, give it a try, if you don't you have already failed.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
WNBF pros Rodney Helaire, Robert Johnson and, of course, Arnold Schwarzenegger.
|Calling All Over 40 Amateurs!|