- Name: Michael Massiah
- E-mail: Mr.Massiah3@verizon.net
- Age: 42
- Where: Waldorf, Maryland
- Height: 5'9"
- Weight: 215 Lbs
- Years Bodybuilding :4
- Favorite Bodypart: Back & Chest
- Favorite Exercise: Bench Press
- Favorite Supplements: MuscleTech NaNO Vapor, MHP Sarm-X & Optimum Amino 2222 Caps
How Did You Get Started?
I have been an athlete since I was 8 years old. I played all sports from basketball to soccer, but excelled in basketball in high school and junior college. I continued to be very active in basketball until 5 years ago when I ruptured my Achilles tendon.
I said to myself back in high school that if I ever stopped playing basketball, I was going to start weight training. After a year of consistence in the gym, I met a young guy who had been competing and he talked me into my first show in which I placed 3rd in novice lightweight, and 4th in men's open middle. I have been hooked ever since.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
I have had a lot of trial and error in my first 2 years but I find that if I continue to train hard, lift heavy, and switch my workouts up every other week I get the gains that I need.
- Incline Dumbbell Press: 4-5 x 8-15
- Incline Dumbbell Flyes: 4-5 x 8-15
- Dumbbell Bench Press: 4-5 x 8-15
- Dips: 4-5 x 8-15
- Cable Curls: 4-5 x 8-15
Wednesday: Biceps & Calves
- Preacher Curls: 4-5 x 8-15
- Barbell Curl: 4-5 x 8-15
- Incline Dumbbell Curls: 4-5 x 8-15
- Seated Calf Raises: 4-5 x 8-15
- Donkey Calf Raises: 4-5 x 8-15
- Standing Calf Raises: 4-5 x 8-15
- Calf Press On The Leg Press Machine: 4-5 x 8-15
- Pullups: 4-5 x 8-15
- One-Arm Dumbbell Rows: 4-5 x 8-15
- Lat Pulldowns: 4-5 x 8-15
- Seated Cable Rows: 4-5 x 8-15
- T-Bar Rows: 4-5 x 8-15
- Deadlift: 4-5 x 8-15
Friday: Triceps, Abs & Shoulders
- Skull Crushers: 4-5 x 8-15
- Triceps Pushdowns: 4-5 x 8-15
- Dumbbell Kickbacks: 4-5 x 8-15
- Decline Crunches: 4-5 x 8-15
- Lying Leg Raises: 4-5 x 8-15
- Hanging Leg Raises: 4-5 x 8-15
- Air Bike: 4-5 x 8-15
- Seated Dumbbell Press: 4-5 x 8-15
- Lateral Raise: 4-5 x 8-15
- Front Dumbbell Raise: 4-5 x 8-15
- Dumbbell Shrugs: 4-5 x 8-15
- Rear Delt Raise: 4-5 x 8-15
- Barbell Military Press: 4-5 x 8-15
- Lying Leg Curls: 4-5 x 8-15
- Standing Leg Curls: 4-5 x 8-15
- Stiff-Legged Deadlift: 4-5 x 8-15
- Lunges: 4-5 x 8-15
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
I basically eat this way all year round. I make few adjustments about 3-4 weeks out before show time.
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
- Optimum Amino 2222 Caps
- MHP Sarm-X
- MuscleTech Mass Tech
- MuscleTech NaNO Vapor
- MuscleTech NaNOX9 Hardcore
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love the sport of bodybuilding because it makes me feel great. I love the challenge within myself that it continues to give me every time I step in the gym (my second home).
The feeling is great when you're on the stage showing off, and the spectators have no idea what you have put yourself through to achieve the look that they are marveled at. The ultimate high is when the young children eyes are dazzled looking at your sculptured physique and say "You're strong!" I just love it!
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
My near future plans are to compete in the Nationals or Jr. USA's in which I have already qualified for early this year. I also want to take this as far as I can competitively, even though I have gotten a late start in the sport.
In the not so near future I want to train others and share my knowledge of the sport, and I won't stop until I reach my gold. I'm relentless!
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
The tip I would give another bodybuilder is to train hard! It's nothing you won't do to do what you love and if you love it you'll do it and I love bodybuilding!