- Name: LT Thomas
- E-mail: L.Thomas@ltpersonaltraining.com
- Age: 28
- Where: Baltimore, MD
- Height: 5'8"
- Weight: 175-180 in season 190-195 off-
- Years Bodybuilding :1
- Favorite Bodypart: Back
- Favorite Exercise: Deadlifts
- Favorite Supplements: Beverly Products.
How Did You Get Started?
I am a fitness trainer by trade. My whole life has revolved around sports. A few people told me that I should compete, so I decided to try it out. I worked out most of my life but never thought I would be in a bodybuilding competition. I never even attend a bodybuilding show until my very first competition.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
First, if I am not getting ready for a show I do not do much cardio. When I am preparing for a show, I do cardio 5 times a week. This is mainly because I am working to put on more weight. I typically lift three to four day per week.
Sample In-season Workout:
- Monday: Quads
- Wednesday: Back, Rear delts, & hamstrings
- Thursday: Biceps
- Friday: Chest & Triceps, Lateral Delts
- Sunday: rest
My am workouts start times are between 6-9am. My pm workouts usually between 12-3pm
- Sprints or Elliptical - 30-45 mins
- Squats: 5 sets. set 1(15 warm up reps) set 2 (12reps) set 3 ( 8-10reps) set 4&5 (6-8 reps)
- Leg press: 3 sets pyramid up Some times I super set Leg press calf raises and seated Calf raises
- Seated Calf Raises: 3-sets 12-15 reps
- Leg extensions: 3 sets 12-15 reps. Sometimes I drop set.
PM workout - (Legs)
- Sprint Hills
- Pull-ups: 3 sets 12-15 reps (close grip or wide depending on the day)
- Regular Dead Lifts: 4 sets Pyramid up starting with 15 reps(Some days I super set Regular dead lifts with stiff leg dumbbell dead lifts.)
- T-Bar Rows: 3 sets (8-12 reps)
- Hammer Strength pull downs: 3 sets (8-12 reps)
- Reverse Flyes: 3 sets (10-12 reps)
PM workout - Back & Hamstrings
- Elliptical - 45 mins
- Sprints (Stadium bleachers) & interval sprints
- Bodyweight Dips: 3 sets 12-15 reps
- Decline press: 3 sets 8-12 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Press: 3 sets: 8-12 reps
- Machine chest flyes: 3 sets: 8-12 reps
- Weight Dips: 3 sets: 6-10 reps
PM workout - Chest, Triceps, and Lateral Delts
I cannot do bench press any more because of my shoulders. I really do miss them a lot. That use to be my favorite exercise.
- Sprint hills
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
I eat around 7 meals a day. I think that it is important to enjoy eating at time but I try to stay away from a lot of junk food as much as possible. In season, my diet is super stick. Being that I am taking in hardly any fat when preparing for a show, I use Olivia Oil with my foods. I also take Flex seed Oil.
When preparing for a show, my diet mainly consist of the following:
- Whole grain couscous
- Muscle Provider
- Sweet Potatoes
- White meat and fish
When I am not preparing for a show, I still do not have any white bread (unless I am at a restaurant). I do not drink any sodas. I also try to stay away from sweets. However, if I am not dieting for a show, I do love my pancakes & Belgian Waffles. This pretty much my dessert.
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love the feeling of being in shape. It is not easy but it is a way of life. Most things in life you cannot really control. You can control your body and actually see the results. It is motivating when you see improvements in your physique. That is one of the things that drive me.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I plan to continue to improve. I want to put on 10 more pounds by spring of 2009. My ultimate goal is to become a natural pro bodybuilder in several organizations. With a lot of hard work and God, I will do it. I just want to continue to let God guide me on my path.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Listen to your body. Make sure you get your rest. Sleeping is not overrated. Stay consistent and do not give up. Always look to learn more. In life and bodybuilding, you should always continue to learn. It will only make you better. Give yourself time to develop.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
Natural Body Builders: To name a few (Will Usher, Doug Miller, & Kareem Petteway, Rod Coleman (MD))