- Name: Lori Beach
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 39
- Where: Northern Virginia
- Height: 5'4"
- Weight: 123
- Years Bodybuilding :15
- Favorite Bodypart: Back
- Favorite Exercise: Back
- Favorite Supplements: Creatine, Lipo 6
How Did You Get Started?
I've worked out as long as I can remember starting in high school. Then after graduating college at VT I joined the local gym. They had a flier up to join the power lifting club and I thought 'why not?' So I tried that for a few years. I continued working out and then met my husband in another gym.
He was competing in bodybuilding and I loved the look and really wanted to give it a try. I did a few shows and then took a break when I had 2 children. After the last baby, I was dying to get back in shape (although I had never stopped working out, especially during the pregnancies). I hired the assistance of a trainer who is also pro fitness competitor, and between her and my husband they finally encouraged/talked me into getting back in the game and trying my first figure show. Plus, I am always looking for a challenge and also always like to have a goal to challenge me and aspire too.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
- Dumbbell Flyes: 3 Sets Of 6 Reps
- Cable Crossovers: 3 Sets Of 10 Reps
- Incline Bench: 6 Sets Of 6 Reps
- Dumbbell Pullovers: 3 Sets Of 15 Reps
- Standing Calf Raises: 3 Sets Of 10 Reps
- Ab Work In Between Sets
- Wide-Grip Chins: 3 Sets Of 10 Reps
- T-Bar Rows: 4 Sets Of 10 Reps
- Deadlifts: 6 Sets Of 4 Reps
- One-Arm Dumbbell Rows: 4 Sets Of 10 Reps
- Front Pulldowns: 4 Sets Of 10 Reps
- Reverse Grip Push Downs: 4 Sets Of 10 Reps
- Cable Triceps Extensions: 4 Sets Of 10 Reps
- Weighted Dips: 3 Sets Of 15 Reps
- EZ Bar Curls: 6 Sets Of 6 Reps
- Machine Preacher Curls: 4 Sets Of 10 Reps
- Straight Bar Curls: 3 Sets Of 15 Reps
- Seated Calf Raises: 3 Sets Of 10 Reps
- Box Squats: 3 Sets Of 15 Reps
- Leg Press: 4 Sets Of 10 Reps
- Leg Curls: 6 Sets Of 6 Reps
- Weighted Alternated Lunges: 3 Sets Of 10 Reps
- Leg Extensions: 4 Sets Of 15 Reps
- Arnold Presses: 5 Sets Of 12, 10, 6, 6, 6 Reps
- Plate Raises: 4 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Lateral Raises: 3 Sets Of 10 Reps
- Smith Machine Behind The Neck Press: 4 Sets Of 6 Reps
- Bent Over Laterals: 4 Sets Of 10 Reps
- Weighted Ab Work
120 minutes of cardio per week.
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
- Protein Bar (<30 carb)
- Low Carb Protein Shake Prior To Bed
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
I don't always necessarily love working out and I really don't like passing up chocolate but I love the way I feel and the confidence I gain by being in shape! I had to make a decision which one I wanted most, chocolate or chiseled abs.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
I don't like failing at anything, ever. And I always have the attitude, 'If someone else can do something then so can I', so to apply it to the sport of figure, if other ladies can achieve their pro card then so can I. I am so impressed by other competitors and if I see someone that I feel is better than me, it doesn't discourage me, it inspires me.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I would love, love, love to get my pro card. I'm going to take the rest of the season off from competing to try to fine tune some areas and compete again in the spring of 2010.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Never give up! If you're not where you want to be, hire, get to know, and/or hang out with people who will inspire you and have the knowledge, wisdom and experience you can draw from. My business partner and I train others to achieve their personal goals. Please send me an e-mail to email@example.com for availability and rates. We offer advanced virtual training with ongoing feedback, pre-contest coaching, and personal, tailored nutrition programs.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?
I look at and/or print out pictures of other athletes who inspire me. The amateur of the week feature has also been a major inspiration and I look forward to reading about every featured athlete.
I also look for different workout ideas, exercises, etc. that will give me new ideas to strengthen my weak spots and help me change up my workouts so my body doesn't adapt and my workouts don't stagnate.