- Name: Lois August
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 49
- Where: Killingworth, Connecticut
- Height: 5' 2"
- Weight: 108 Lbs., Contest: 97 Lbs.
- Years Bodybuilding :5
- Favorite Bodypart: Back
- Favorite Exercise: Squats or Walking Lunges because they work
- Favorite Supplements: BCAA, Glutamine, Whey protein
How Did You Get Started?
The owner of the gym I was working out in at the time, was an amateur bodybuilder himself. He encouraged me to give a contest a try. Prior to this I was in pretty decent shape but his suggestion and tutelage brought me to a new level.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
Tuesday: Back and Biceps. Cardio 45 minutes
Wednesday: Quads and Glutes
Thursday: Chest, Triceps and Abs
Friday: Cardio 45 minutes
Sat: Hamstring, Calves and Abs
- As I get closer to a contest I usually do a Cardio daily.
- I mix things up sometimes using supersets and always lift heavy to failure.
- I change things up every three months or so to avoid boredom this also will get you past a plateau if you have reached one.
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
- When I am getting ready for a contest I eat super clean.
- High protein - 1.5 grams per lb of body weight. I will cycle my carbs depending where my body fat is.
- I keep healthy fat sources to a minimum of 25 grams per day and no sugar or dairy.
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
To do well in this sport you have to be extremely organized, disciplined and committed. Once you have mastered theses components they can also be applied to other aspects of your life, such as your job or raising a family. I recently had a complete physical and my Physician was amazed at where all my test results came out, he basically said" you might live forever "...now there is a reason to LOVE BODYBUILDING.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I am getting ready to compete again this November at Nancy Andrews Monster Mash in Massachusetts. After that I will set my sites on Spring of 2007.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
If you want to compete or just get to the next level in, hire the best people you can afford. Listen only to these people, as tempting as it is to switch and try different things it will be far more beneficial to stick with one plan and see it through.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
First of course for her amazing physique.
Secondly and maybe more important: I have had the opportunity to get to know her through seminars and classes. She is extremely kind and generous with her knowledge of bodybuilding and is so willing to help people just starting out.
Dave Goodwin aka: The Texas Shredder
He just gets better and better with age and has ideal symmetry