- Name: Joseph E Favorito
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 49
- Where: New Milford, NJ
- Height: 5'8"
- Weight: 180 Lbs
- Years Bodybuilding :4
- Favorite Bodypart: Chest
- Favorite Exercise: Squats
- Favorite Supplements: Protein, Glutamine, Creatine
How Did You Get Started?
I came from a family of 4 boys, my dad died when I was 10 yrs old (I was the youngest). Before he passed away he bought my brothers a weight set. I used to sit there and listen to how enthusiastically he would talk about how great this sport was and how it taught things like discipline, determination, how to set goals, and how to push your body past its limits. I was hooked.
I used to watch my brothers lift and paid special attention to all their different techniques. I also began reading up on bodybuilding and then began lifting when I was 14 yrs old. I made a lot of mistakes, but never gave up. The more I learned the better I got.
I kept lifting up to the age of 25, when I got married. I had not touched a weight until about 5 yrs ago. I decided to start working out with my own kids and like a good drug...I was hooked again.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
I started out with a full body workout 3 days a week but went to a 5 day split routine.
Monday - Chest and Triceps:
- Bench Press: 4 sets of 10, 8, 6, 4 reps
- Incline Bench Press: 3 sets of 10, 8, 6 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Bench Press: 4 sets of 12, 10, 8, 6 reps
- Pec Deck: 5 sets of 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 reps
- Decline Pushups: 3-4 sets to failure
- Seated French Press: 4 sets of 12, 10, 8, 6 reps
- Pushdowns: 4 sets of 12, 10, 8, 6 reps
Skullcrushers: 4 sets of 10 reps or to failure
Close Grip Bench: 4 sets of 10 reps or to failure
Tuesday - Legs:
- Squats: 5 sets of 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 reps
- Leg Press: 3 sets of 15, 12, 10 reps
- Leg Extensions: 5 sets of 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 reps
- Leg Curl: 5 sets of 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 reps
- Standing Calves: 5 sets of 20, 15, 10, 10 reps
Wednesday - Biceps:
- Straight Bar Curls: 3 sets of 10, 8, 6 reps
- Seated EZ-Bar Curls: 3 sets of 10, 8, 6 reps
- Scott Curls: 4 sets of 12, 10, 8, 6 reps
- Reverse Grip EZ-Bar Curls: 3 sets of 10, 8, 6 reps
- Concentration Curls: 3 sets of 10, 8, 6 reps
Thursday - Shoulders:
- Seated Military Press: 3 sets of 10, 8, 6 reps
- Seated Dumbbell Press: 4 sets of 12, 10, 8, 6 reps
- Lateral Raises: 3 sets of 15, 12, 10 reps
- Bent Over Lateral Raises: 3 sets of 10, 8, 6 reps
- Shrugs: 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 10 reps
Friday - Back:
- Front Lat Pulldowns: 5 sets of 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 reps
- Close Grip Pulldowns: 5 sets of 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 reps
- Bent Over Rows: 5 sets of 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 reps
- Dumbbell Rows: 4 sets of 10, 8, 6, 4 reps
I am constantly changing exercises, reps and switching days to keep the body from adapting, and every 4-8 weeks I do a complete change of workout.
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
- Dymatize Elite Whey Protein Isolate
- Dymatize Elite Casein Protein
- Superior Amino Tabs
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
Bodybuilding, I believe, is a sport where I compete against the most fierce , tough, determined, relentless, extremely critical, never satisfied, yes almost insane person I know...myself.
Bodybuilding teaches sacrifices, discipline, how to push through pain, and shows you there is no such thing as age or limits to what you can do. I believe these are qualities that everyone would agree with.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
One motivation is my job as a welder. I have to get in crazy places and positions and also lift heavy steel. It definitely makes my job easier, but also life is hard enough to deal with the everyday problems that come your way, without adding things that accompany an unhealthy lifestyle.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
There are quite a few factors, but I guess the most important thing was proving to me, I could do it. I have the knowledge (some) and I guess inside you have that little voice that says "put your money where your mouth is" and "put up or shut up" or like I tell my kids, "shut up and squat".
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I would definitely like to compete in some over 50 year old bodybuilding competitions, but besides that I don't plan on ever stopping.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Don't ever think it's too late to start and never give up. Bodybuilding is a very individualized sport, it's you against you. It's self improvement and we should all be striving to improve ourselves everyday. Don't worry about how much weight the guy next to you is doing, worry about yourself getting better and stronger everyday.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
Well I guess the obvious are Arnold Schwarzenegger and Franco Columbu because I pretty much grew up at the time they ruled the sport. My other favorites include Bill Pearl, Larry Scott, Sergio Oliva, and Steve Reeves.
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?
The articles are a wealth of knowledge. I have gotten so many pointers and tips, I am constantly integrating them into my workouts, and there are always fresh ideas and new techniques on this site. Any question I could possibly ask, the answer is always found here. The prices and the selections of the supplements are great.