- Name: Jose Garrido
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 40
- Where: Miami, Florida
- Height: 5' 10"
- Weight: 170 Lbs.
- Years Bodybuilding :2
- Favorite Bodypart: Abs
- Favorite Exercise: Biceps & Triceps
- Favorite Supplements: Whey Protein, Glutamine, Gakic, Creatine
How Did You Get Started?
I saw myself out of shape and needed a change. I wanted to take my body to a different level and see how far I could take it. Once I saw the weight coming off and the muscles getting bigger, I was motivated to continue and push for more.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
I work out 5 days a week. Its extremely hard juggling a full time job and other responsibilities, however I always make time to keep my body in the best shape I can.
Sample Training Week:
Monday - Biceps & Triceps:
- Standing bar curls: 4 sets of 12-15 reps
- Dumbbell curls: 4 sets of 12-15 reps
- Hammer: 4 sets of 12-15 reps
- Rope curls: 4 sets of 12-15 reps
- Concentration curls: 4 sets of 12-15 reps
- Rope pulldowns: 4 sets of 12-15 reps
- Bar pulldowns: 4 sets of 12-15 reps
- Overhead dumbbell extensions: 4 sets of 12-15 reps
- Kickbacks: 4 sets of 12-15 reps
Tuesday - Chest:
- Dumbbell flat presses: 4 sets of 12-15 reps
- Flat and incline flyes: 4 sets of 12-15 reps
- Dumbbell pullovers: 4 sets of 12-15 reps
- Crossover cables: 4 sets of 12-15 reps
Wednesday - Legs: Quads & Hamstrings:
- Warm-up leg extensions: 3 sets of 15-25 reps light weight
- Squats: 3-4 sets of 15-20 reps
- Leg presses: 3-4 sets of 15-20 reps
- Hack squats: 3-4 sets of 15-20 reps
- Lunges: 3-4 sets of 200 yards
Thursday - Back:
- Lat pulldowns (front): 4 sets of 12-15 reps
- Rows: 4 sets of 12-15 reps
- Dumbbell rows: 4 sets of 12-15 reps
- T-bar: 4 sets of 12-15 reps
- Cable rows: 4 sets of 12-15 reps
Friday - Shoulders:
- Dumbbell presses: 4 sets of 12-15 reps
- Lateral raises: 4 sets of 12-15 reps
- Front raises: 4 sets of 12-15 reps
- Rear delt machine: 4 sets of 12-15 reps
Legs - The exercise is changed every week. 1 week the workout is heavy with moderate reps of 12-20 reps. The following week it is light with extremely high reps. Example: 5 sets of squats beginning with the bar alone with 50 reps. 2 set: add 20 lbs with 40 reps. 3 set: 40 lbs with 30 reps. 4 set: 60 lbs 20 reps. 5 set: 80 lbs 10 reps. Doing the same with leg presses. Remember the weight varies on each person so do as much as you feel comfortable with.
Abs: this is done on an everyday basis after every workout with weights.
Calves is done 3 times per week.
Cardio is done 30 minutes per day.
On competition: The intensity of the workout drops down to maximum reps and light weight and cardio is also adjusted to 1-2 hours per day.
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
High protein and high carbs off-season, consisting of chicken, turkey, steak, potatoes, brown rice, pasta, pancakes (my favorite), protein shakes and bars Competition: High protein with 2 loaded days on carbs and 3 days with only protein.
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love taking my body to the maximum change. I love the attention of compliments that I get from others and the respect I get. Competition is the best for me. Being on a diet is not easy, but the end results are the most satisfying. The emotion that one feels to stand on a stage in front of people showing the results of your hard work is priceless.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
To continue future shows and continue training. My greatest focus right now is to compete in the 2007 Southern States men over 40 and hopefully with my hard work and dedication give other competitors a challenge.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
To continue their training and not to expect changes over night. However with hard dedication they can reach their goals.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
|Calling All Over 40 Amateurs!|