- Name: Gary Sewell
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 42
- Where: Marysville, WA
- Height: 5'11"
- Weight: 175 Competition, 200 Off
- Years Bodybuilding :3
- Favorite Bodypart: Chest
- Favorite Exercise: Incline Press
- Favorite Supplements: NO-Xplode
How Did You Get Started?
At my heaviest point I was weighing two-hundred and eighty pounds, but when I started working out in January of 2006 I was weighed two-hundred fifty two pounds and thirty-three percent was body fat; very little had changed until I had met Kevin and Denise James in the summer of 2006. Kevin and Denise gave me the best advice that changed me forever. The advice was if your nutrition is not there you are wasting your time at the gym and ever since then I have changed my diet.
After that the weight and body fat started dropping. In November 2006 I started working with a personal trainer at gold's gym in Arlington, Washington. After two months of working with a personal trainer I had noticed that they were holding a transformation contest at the gym. I entered the contest weighing 212 pounds and 15.1% body fat; at the end of the twelve weeks I was at 192 lbs and 10% body fat. Around the time I had finished the body transformation contest Kevin and Denise told me about getting me on stage at the 2007 Washington state natural bodybuilding and fitness championship for the INBF.
The day of the competition I weighed 169 lbs and 5% body fat. At the age of forty I competed in my first bodybuilding show, I loved it. Then in 2008 competed in two shows for the INBF; so far in 2009 I have competed in one bodybuilding show in Falls Church, VA (The Natural North American) where after my forth competition I won the novice overall. Now I'm currently getting ready for one more this year in Arlington, Washington where I will be competing in the open class middle weight class for the first time.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
- Cable Curls: 3 Sets Of 15 Reps
- Single Arm Cable Curls: 3 Sets Of 15 Reps
- Preacher Curls: 3 Sets Of 15 Reps
- Alternating Dumbbell Curls: 4 Sets Of 10 Reps
- Concentration Curls: 3 Sets Of 15 Reps
- High Cable Curls: 3 Sets Of 15 Reps
- Machine Preacher Curls: 3 Sets Of 15 Reps
- Rope Cable Hammer Curls: 3 Sets Of 15 Reps
- Triceps Pushdowns: 3 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Dumbbell Kickbacks: 3 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Cable Overhead Extentions: 3 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Cable Lying Triceps Extentions: 3 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Pull Ups: 3 Sets Of 15 Reps
- Wide Grip Lat Pulldown: 3 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Seated Cable Rows: 3 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Barbell Pullovers: 3 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Stiff Legged Deadlifts On Platform: 3 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Hyperextentions: 3 Sets Of 20 Reps
- Flat Bench Dumbbell Press: 2 Warm Up Sets Light
- Bench Press: 8 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Decline Dumbbell Press: 4 Sets Of 10 Reps
- Flat Bench Dumbbell Flyes: 4 Sets Of 10 Reps
Cable Flyes: 3 Sets Of 15 Reps
Cable Pressdown: 3 Sets Of 15 Reps
- Single Leg Extention: 4 Sets Of 15 Reps
- Single Leg Smith Machine Squats: 5 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Hack Squats (30 Sec): 7 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Walking Lunges: 4 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Lying Leg Curls: 4 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Seated Leg Curl: 4 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Standing Leg Curl: 7 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Standing Calf Raises: 4 Sets Of 25 Reps
- Warm Up With Arnold Press: 3 Sets Of 15 Reps
- Smith Machine Shoulder Press: 4 Sets Of 10 Reps
- Cable Bent Laterals: 4 Sets Of 10 Reps
- Pulley Upright Rows: 4 Sets Of 10 Reps
- Dumbbell Side Laterals: 4 Sets Of 10 Reps
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
Meal 1: 10:00am
- Optimum Protein 2 Serving
Meal 2: 11:30am
- Oatmeal 2 Servings
- Peanut Butter Organic 1 Serv
- Egg White Scrambled Eggs 1 1/2 Cup
- Picante Sauce 1 Serving
Meal 3: 2:30pm
Meal 4: 5:30pm
Meal 5: 8:30pm
Meal 6: 11:00pm
- Optimum Protein 2 Serving
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
It's a great feeling getting on stage especially with how far I have came over the past few years in the battle I have had with my weight. It is fun to watch the growth and how my body has developed over the past couple of years.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
For me it's the fact that I was over weight for many years and I could never imagine eating the way I use to eat again. Now I feel so much better when I eat healthy.
Please Describe What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
To become fit and look good and most important have self confidence.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
To win an overall in the open division of an INBF competition and compete in a WNBF competition
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
That nutrition is the most important part of bodybuilding.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?
It is where I buy most of my supplements. It is a great place for information on workout routines. There so much information you can get from talking to people on BodySpace. Everyone is always willing to help!