- Name: Evan Pennington
- E-mail: Evanpuck24@hotmail.com
- Age: 26
- Where: Broomfield, CO
- Height: 6'
- Weight: 185 Lbs Contest 210 Lbs Off
- Years Bodybuilding :3
- Favorite Bodypart: Triceps
- Favorite Exercise: Sumo Deadlifts
- Favorite Supplements: Xtend, Dymatize Whey
How Did You Get Started?
I was always a skinny kid growing up but was always active in sports. Once high school was over I needed something to challenge me, so I started lifting with a couple of my friends and it has just snowballed from there. Bodybuilding became a daily challenge and I loved it!
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
Day 1: Power - Lower Body
- Deadlifts: 5 sets of 5-3 reps
- Front Squats: 5 sets of 5-3 reps
- Overhead Squats: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Standing Calves: 5 sets of 6-8 reps
Day 2: Power - Upper Body
- Chin-Ups: 5 sets of 5 reps
- Barbell Bench Press: 5 sets of 5 reps
- Dumbbell Military Press: 5 sets of 5 reps
- Barbell Curls: 4 sets of 6 reps
- Dips: 4 sets of 6 reps
Day 3: Off/Cardio
Day 4: Hypertrophy - Lower Body
- Leg Press: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Stiff-Legged Deadlift: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Dumbbell Lunges: 2 sets of 10 reps
- Leg Extensions: 2 sets of 12 reps
- Leg Curls: 2 sets of 12 reps
- Seated Calves: 5 sets of 10 reps
Day 5: Hypertrophy - Push Muscles
- Incline Dumbbell Press: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Machine Chest Press: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Cable Flyes: 2 sets of 15 reps
- Machine Shoulder Press: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Upright Rows: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Triceps Pressdowns: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Dips: 2 sets of 15 reps
Day 6: Hypertrophy - Pull Muscles
- Barbell Rows: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Lat Pulldowns: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Dumbbell Rows: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Dumbbell Curls: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Preacher Curls: 2 sets of 12 reps
- Hyperextensions: 3 sets of 10 reps
Day 7: Off
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
Meal 1 - 5 AM:
Meal 2 - 8 AM:
Meal 3 - 12 PM:
- 1 Turkey Burger
- 1 Banana
- 1 Serving Controlled Labs White Flood
- 1 Serving Controlled Labs Green MAGnitude
Meal 4 - 3 PM:
Meal 5 - 6 PM:
Meal 6 - 9 PM:
- 2 Cups Cottage Cheese
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
It gives me a daily challenge, something to look forward to every day.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
My sister who has a debilitating disease and cannot do all the things that normal people can. It's a constant reminder not to take my health for granted and to push myself beyond my own limits.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
From the day I started bodybuilding I had people telling me I didn't have the genetics for this sport. I wanted to prove them wrong!
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
My plan is to take the rest of the year off to add some quality size. In spring 2011 I plan on competing in only natural shows and obtaining my natural pro card.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
There are going to be days that you don't want to go to the gym, or stick to your diet. You have to constantly remind yourself why you are doing this and push through because it will all be worth it in the end.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?