- Name: Amy Manzanares
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Age: 32
- Where: Colorado
- Height: 5'2"
- Weight: 115 Lbs
- Years Bodybuilding :4
- Favorite Bodypart: Legs
- Favorite Exercise: Legs
- Favorite Supplements: Glutamine, Creatine
How Did You Get Started?
I was preparing for a bodybuilding competition and was in about my sixth week of training when I was involved in a serious car accident in December 2004. The accident left me with a dislocated, shattered ankle. I had surgery the following afternoon and now I have a metal plate and 9 screws in my left ankle. I decided after I was cleared to do activities that I wanted to try and compete in figure. That was August of 2005, and I haven't slowed down since.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
I try and change up my training pretty often so I don't get bored, but right now it looks something like this.
Day 1/Day 4: Chest/Triceps
- Incline Bench: 4 sets of 6-8 reps
- Incline Flyes: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Dumbbell Bench: 4 sets of 6-8 reps
- Push Ups: 4 sets of failure
- Dumbbell Extension: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Rope Pushdowns: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Dumbbell Kickbacks: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Bench Dips: 3 sets of 20 reps
Day 2/Day 5: Back/Biceps
- Lat Pulldown: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Straight Arm Pulldown: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Dumbbell Rows: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Back Extensions: 4 sets of 20 reps
- Dumbbell Curls: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Incline Curls: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Rope Curls: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Cable Curls: 4 sets of 10 reps
Day 3/Day 6: Legs/Shoulders
- Squats: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Extensions: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Lunges: 4 sets of 20 reps
- Leg Curls: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Leg Press: 4 sets of 20 reps
- Step Ups: 4 sets of maximum reps in 2 minutes
- Calves: 4 sets of 20 reps
- Arnolds: 4 sets of 8 reps
- Lat Raises: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Front Raise: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Upright Rows: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Rear Delts: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Crunches: 4 sets of 25 reps
- Obliques Crunches: 4 sets of 25 reps
- Reverse Crunches: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Bicycles: 4 sets of 25-30 reps
Cardio changes when I get closer to a show. Off season it can be 5 times a week for 30-45 minutes. When I train for a show it goes up to 7 times for 1-2 hours depending on how I am looking. Right now I am doing 1 hour of cardio 7 times a week on the elliptical, Stairmaster, spin bike, and outdoor hills and sprints on the track.
I also do TRX training about once a week with my trainer.
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
I find that if I just eat the same thing every day it makes it easier for me to be consistent.
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love fitness because out of everything that you can't control, I can control this. I know that I can accomplish anything I put my mind to. I love seeing the process of my body changing and just knowing that I am doing the work and getting results is awesome.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
I just recently finished my fourth figure competition. I am getting ready to try bikini next weekend! I would love to qualify for a national show and get a taste of what that is like. Ultimately I want to keep training (and competing) and see how far I can push myself.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I am competing in June and hopefully will qualify for a national show. And just continue to push myself.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
The one tip I would give other competitors is to enjoy the process! It really is about your own personal journey. When you step on that stage the results are out of your hands, it's totally up to the judges. Be happy with all the hard work you put in because it is hard!
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?
These amazing teenagers have made changes in their lives that most adults only dream about!
Age is no excuse for these over 40 men & women who have decided to feel and look young again!
|Share This Article: