- Name: Zach Daftary
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 19
- Where: Pittsburgh, PA
- Height: 5'7"
- Weight: 145 lbs
- Years Bodybuilding :2
- Favorite Bodypart: Abs
- Favorite Exercise: Decline Bench Crunch
- Favorite Supplements: Wheybolic Extreme 60
How Did You Get Started?
Being naturally thin, I used to weight train very sparingly, when I played hockey. After I stopped, I decided that I should continue to weight train to replace the exercise time I used to get on the ice. As I started to get stronger and gain mass, I liked the transformation I was going through and have kept at it.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
I split up the body into three days, allowing three days of rest in between working the same set of muscles.
|TERMS YOU'LL NEED TO KNOW|
Day 1: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
- Flat Barbell Bench Press: 5 Sets Of 12, 8, 7, 7, And 6 Reps
- Incline Dumbbell Bench Press: 3 Sets Of 8 Reps
- Decline Barbell Bench Press: 3 Sets Of 10, 8, 7 Reps
- Cable Flyes: 3 Sets Of 8, 7, 6 Reps
- Incline Flyes: 3 Sets Of 8 Reps
- Dumbbell Military Press: 4 Sets Of 10, 8, 7, 7 Reps
- Bent Over Dumbbell Rear Delt Raise: 4 Sets Of 8 Reps
- Cuban Press: 3 Sets Of 10, 8, 8 Reps
- Lateral Raise: 3 Sets Of 10, 8, 8 Reps
- Skull Crushers: 4 Sets Of 10, 8, 7, 6 Reps
- One-Arm Cable Triceps Extension: 4 Sets Of 8 Reps
- Dumbbell Triceps Extension: 4 Sets Of 10, 8, 8 Reps
- Dips: 4 Sets To Failure
Day 2: Back, Biceps
- Wide-Grip Lat Pulldowns: 4 Sets Of 10, 8, 8, 6 Reps
- V-Bar Pulldowns: 4 Sets Of 8 Reps
- Pull-Ups: 4 Sets To Failure
- Elevated Cable Rows: 4 Sets Of 8 Reps
- Dumbbell Shrugs: 4 Sets Of 15 Reps
- Dumbbell Alternating Bicep Curl: 4 Sets Of 8 Reps
- Ez Bar Curl: 4 Sets Of 8 Reps
- High Cable Curl: 3 Sets Of 8, 7, 6 Reps
- Concentration Curl: 3 Sets Of 8 Reps
Day 3: Abs, Legs
- Decline Crunch: 3 Sets Of 20 Reps
- Decline Oblique Crunch: 3 Sets Of 20 Reps
- Hanging Leg Raises: 3 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Hanging Knee Ups: 3 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Exercise Ball Crunch: 3 Sets To Failure
- Squats: 5 Sets Of 12, 10, 8, 8, 7 Reps
- Quadriceps Leg Extensions: 3 Sets Of 10 Reps
- Seated Calf Raise: 3 Sets Of 15 Reps
- Hamstring Leg Curls: 5 Sets Of 8 Reps
This is only my current schedule, though. Often, the schedule as well as muscles worked on particular days are rearranged to mix up the workout.
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
Eating ~1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight daily along with double that amount in carbs has given extensive gains. Also, cutting out white breads, highly processed sugars, etc. has gone a long way in defining the muscles and not just adding size. Keeping sodium intake low also has done well in increasing noticeable vascularity and keeping off water weight.
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
NO-Xplode has probably indirectly given me the greatest gains, as the extra intensity it adds to your workout is unparalleled, in my opinion.
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
Bodybuilding is the ultimate confidence booster. Training hard and seeing results takes discipline; to see results, you have to hit the weights often and hard as well as eating clean. On top of all that, it is also the world's best stress reliever. After a hard day, nothing beats going to the gym and letting it all out on the weights.What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
Various assorted ailments run in the family. To keep healthy means lowering my risk. Also, being able to be proud of your body image is a great motivator.What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
The biggest thing that led to hardcore pursuit of goals was the competitive nature and encouragement of a few friends at the gym. We constantly push each other and indirectly compete against each other by being able to observe one another's gains. This atmosphere with my own competitive nature to be the best/strongest has been very important.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I intend on continuing on the same road I've been on, being extremely disciplined in eating and training. In the future, I plan to compete and possibly use the strength I've gathered through weight-training to get back into playing hockey at a higher level than before.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
The exercise and meal guides are the features I use most, as they provide new exercises to tweak the workouts, new meal plans to try and so on. The supplement review section is also a big help as it is based on consumer review, not advertising promotion and claims.