- Name: Will De Groot
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 19
- Where: Shawnigan Lake B.C.
- Height: 5'11"
- Weight: 183 lbs
- Years Bodybuilding :1
- Favorite Bodypart: Back and Triceps
- Favorite Exercise: Close Grip Bench Press
- Favorite Supplements: Whey Protein
How Did You Get Started?
I got started at the age of about 13; I was watching WWE wrestling and have always admired those guys for their size. One day it just clicked and I decided I wanted to look like that. I began by doing 1000 pushups a day and was basically all over the place with my training. By grade 10, I did endless amounts of research on Bodybuilding.com and got every bit of knowledge I could possibly retain, and made myself a real, solid routine. Over time I saw progression, and I have been hooked ever since.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
The best plan that has worked best for me is a 4 day split. I also do 2 hard Boxercise sessions in between those days for my cardio which last about an hour and a half.
- Deadlifts: 1 warm up set of 15 reps, 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Pullups: 3 sets to failure
- One Armed Dumbbell Rows: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Close Grip Bench: 1 warm up set of 12 reps, 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Skull Crushers: 3 sets of 10-15 reps
- Boxercise: 1 1/2 hours
- Squats: 1 warm up set of 15 reps, 3 sets of 15 reps
- Lunges: 2 sets of 10 reps
- Leg Press: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Seated Calf Press: 1 warm up set of 12 reps, 4 sets of 15-20 reps
- Boxercise: 1 1/2 hours
- Incline Dumbbell Press: 1 warm up set of 15 reps, 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Flat Dumbbell Press: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Weighted Dips: 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Barbell Curls: 1 warm up set of 15 reps, 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Dumbbell Curls: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Military Press: 1 warm up set of 15 reps, 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Lateral Raises: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Front Raises: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Barbell Shrugs: 4 sets of 10 reps
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
- 1 scoop whey protein
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
I'm not a huge supplement guy, but whey protein by LeanFit has worked the best for me for sure.
- LeanFit Whey Protein: 1 scoop (32g)
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love bodybuilding because it builds confidence and character. It's like a project, each day you get better and better. Pushing myself beyond my capabilities and overcoming the pain in the gym is what I love most. Every aspect of bodybuilding is appealing to me, the diet, the training; everything that goes along with it is great. Fitness is something I will never stop doing, it is a way of life.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
The results I got from bodybuilding motivate me the most. The fact that I'm healthy enough to work out all the time and eat like a bodybuilder is a blessing. I love when people notice me as the healthy guy who really looks after himself in all aspects of health. It's just who I am. I am also a rapper, and have always wanted to look good on stage, so that motivates me a lot too.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
Honestly, the first reason I really wanted to get big was to impress girls and to be the biggest kid in my school, but now it's really for myself. To push myself past limitations and be the best I can be, and yeah ok I still do it for the girls too!
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
My future plans are to possibly compete in another show. I'm not too sure yet but I'm thinking about it. For now it's just train and gain quality muscular size.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
My tip to other bodybuilders would be to believe in yourself. He who says he can, and he who says he can't, are both usually right. What I'm saying is don't give up if you are not seeing results, change things here and there and see what works for you. Everybody is different.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
I've never really had a favorite bodybuilder, but if I had to choose one that I thought had a crazy good build would be Brandon Curry.
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?
I always look up the latest articles on Bodybuilding.com and always learn something new. I'm always looking to get new information and better myself. Bodybuilding.com is the perfect place for this!