- Name: Tyler Stines
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 19
- Where: Middletown, OH
- Height: 5'9''
- Weight: 160 Lbs.
- Years Bodybuilding :2
- Favorite Bodypart: Legs
- Favorite Exercise: Sled Press
- Favorite Supplements: Beverly International Glutamine Select
How Did You Get Started?
Freshman year in high school I was just the average Joe that had been picked on numerous times by the bigger guys. As a result, I took on the sport of wrestling where I was determined to work harder and longer than anybody else. Overtime I became much bigger and became team captain of the squad. When my wrestling career came to an end the weight room is where I found myself 24/7 working to get to that next level. One thing led to another and eventually I had built myself into a natural teen bodybuilder.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
My workouts are constructed by Mike Ferguson, out of the Power Station Gym of Middletown, OH. As he has told me numerous times: "There's a method to his madness." Right now being off-season, my training is focused on gaining more mass by performing more complex lifts and training heavy while training smart.
My workouts will never exceed 45 min to an hour. To many people think that gaining muscle requires 3 hours in the gym, which is total nonsense. Also keep in mind that my workouts consist only of 30-45 sec rest periods between sets. Here is a sample of an off-season style training week for me.
Monday: Chest/Heavy Calves
- Incline Bench: 7 sets - 2 warm-up sets of 15 reps, 5 sets of 8 reps
- Flat Bench: 6 sets - 1 warm-up set of 15 reps, 5 sets of 10 reps
- Cable Crossovers: 5 sets - 1 warm-up set of 20 reps, 4 sets of 15 reps
- Seated Pec Deck: 5 sets - 1 warm-up set of 25 reps, 4 sets of 15 reps
- Seated Calf Raises: 4 sets of 25 reps
- 45 degree Hack Squats: 6 sets - 2 warm-up sets of 15 reps, 4 heavy sets of 10 reps
- Leg Extensions: 5 sets - 1 warm-up set of 15 reps, 4 sets of 10 reps
- Laying Leg Curls: 5 sets - 1 warm-up set of 15 reps, 4 sets of 15 reps
- Swing Squat: 5 sets - 1 warm-up set of 15 reps, 4 sets of 10 reps
- Seated Ab Crunch: 5 sets of 25 reps
Wednesday: Heavy Back
- Wide-Grip Pulldowns: 5 sets - 1 warm-up set of 15 reps, 4 sets of 10 reps
- Close-Grip Pulldowns: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Barbell Rows: 6 sets - 2 warm-up sets of 15 reps, 4 sets of 10 reps
- Seated Rows: 5 sets of 10 reps
- Low Rack Pulls: 5 sets of 10 reps
- DB shoulder Press: 6 sets - 2 warm-up sets of 10-15 reps, 4 sets of 10,8,8,6 reps
- DB Lateral Raises: 4 sets of 12 reps
- DB Front Raises: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Cable Rear Delts: 5 sets - 1 warm-up set of 15 reps, 4 sets of 15 reps
- Reverse Curl: 5 sets of 10 reps
- Wrist Curl: 4 sets of 20 reps
- Cable Curls: 5 sets - 1 warm-up set of 15 reps, 4 sets of 10 reps
- EZ-Bar Hammer Curls: 5 sets of 8-10 reps
- Skull Crushers: 5 sets - 1 warm-up set of 10 reps, 4 sets of 8 reps
- V-Bar Cable Extensions: 5 sets of 8-10 reps
- Cable Crunches: 5 sets of 25 reps
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
Had my contest prep nutrition plan supplied by Jason Theobald out of Natty Nutrition. Here's my 2010 contest prep nutrition plan.
Meal 4: Pre-Workout
Meal 5: Post-Workout
- 40g whey protein
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Beverly International-Aka "No Nonsense Supps"-have given me all of my greatest results. To be truly honest though, I am not your scientific guy that looks much into taking supplements. I believe there is no such thing as a magic supplement, however supplements aided with the right nutrition plan and workout plan can result in big gains. That being said I'll consume three protein shakes a day of Ultimate Muscle Protein. During a training session I'll drink Glutamine Select which contains BCAA's as well, so that it will maximize the recovery process and increase protein synthesis.
As Meals 2, 4, 6:
- Beverly Int. Glutamine Select: 1 serving
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
Here's why-I live this life for the raw challenge. The pursuit, the never-ending battle against yourself against the weights. I do it not for the respect of others, not to pull honeys, not to strike fear into the hearts of men. I do it to GLORIFY GOD. I do it to stay healthy, I do it to motivate others around me, I do it to spread the word of bodybuilding, I do it because I love it.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
The Lord is who motivates me to follow a healthy lifestyle. To be honest, I'm just extremely thankful to be able to compete and live a healthy lifestyle. To me the body is a Temple. I build the temple to glorify the Lord.
It's A Lifestyle, It's A Passion, It's a Choice, It's Determination, It's a Dream, It's Discipline, It's Motivation, What Are All These "It's" It's Who I Am.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
To fulfill the dream. My motto: "There will be days when you don't know if you can complete the journey, but there will be a lifetime of knowing you have." Life is all about the pursuit, the challenge. The challenge to better myself, to redefine who I really am, and to raise the bar and overcome adversities, so that one day my dreams will become my reality. Passion and imagination is what makes me go after and achieve my goals.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I have created a big picture for myself in my upcoming bodybuilding career. Having 3 shows under my belt, I will keep pushing towards bigger and better things looking to project myself up to being one of the best natural bodybuilders there is. The plan for me at this very moment however, is to work hard in every aspect and lay the footsteps for a long lasting career in the sport of bodybuilding.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Here, I'm sure that most bodybuilders will talk about having a good nutrition plan and staying true to it. Sure all that is right but I'd like to bring something new to the table. One tip I would share is lose the ego trip. Stay true to one self, and remain humble in every aspect of this lifestyle. Be open minded to all, for there is a lot to learn in the sport of bodybuilding. Most importantly discipline is key when sculpting the body.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?
I use much of every feature on Bodybuilding.com. The biggest feature I will go to is the forum section. I enjoy learning and sharing info with other bodybuilders from all over the nation.