- Name: Sterling Flemig
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 19
- Where: Kelowna, BC, Canada
- Height: 5'10"
- Weight: 170 lbs
- Years Bodybuilding :1
- Favorite Bodypart: Legs
- Favorite Exercise: Weighted Chin-Ups
- Favorite Supplements: Quattro, 1.M.R., Muscle Milk
How Did You Get Started?
I began training in grade 9. At the time I was very out of shape and unmotivated. After I quickly began getting more muscular and my strength was surpassing everyone else's, I was hooked.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
I have probably tried everything in the book. But lately I find the more I rest the more I grow. I am currently only on a 6 day split, alternating lifting and cardio every day. I always take one rest day a week - usually Sundays. Monday I have a "push-day" where I work shoulders, chest and triceps.
Wednesday is a "pull-day" where my back and biceps are worked, as well as some minor hamstring work. Friday is "leg-day" as well as plyometrics. Abdominals are trained extensively on all 3 weight-training days. Foam-rolling and stretching is also performed 3-5 times per week post training.
On Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday I only run. I usually do sprint training and run stairs on Tuesday. Thursday is always a long distance run ranging anywhere from 15-25km. Saturday is a light run- maximum 10km.
- Barbell Bench Press: 5 sets of 5 reps
- Single-Arm Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Toe Touchers: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Weighted Dips: 4 sets of 6-10 reps
- Leg Pull-In: 4 sets of 15-20 reps
- EZ-Bar Skull Crushers: 3 sets of 15-20 reps
- Hanging Leg-Raise: 3 sets of failure
- Push-Ups: 3 sets to failure
- Sprinting: 6 sets of 400 meters
- Sprinting: 6 sets of 200 meters
- Sprinting: 6 sets of 100 meters
- Stairs and Hill-Sprints
- Weighted Chin-Ups: 4 sets of 8, 6, 4, 4 reps
- Barbell Row: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Abs Roller: 4 sets of 20 reps
- Single-Arm Dumbbell Row: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Barbell Twist: 4 sets of 15-20 reps
- Seated Dumbbell Hammer Curls: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Hanging Leg-Raise: 4 sets to failure
- Dumbbell Shrugs: 3 sets of 20-30 reps
- Running: 15-25 kilometers
- Overhead Barbell Squats: 4 sets of 12-20 reps
- Jump Squats: 4 sets of 12-20 reps
- Single-Leg Dumbbell Deadlifts: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Toe Touchers: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Box Squats: 3 sets of 6-10 reps
- Walking Lunges: 3 sets to failure
- Running: 10 kilometers maximum
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
1.M.R. always helps me train no matter how tired I am. Muscle Milk makes a great meal replacement when I'm on the go.
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
It gives me an opportunity to be different then everyone else. It gives me that extra mental edge - and the physical results are amazing. I'm also a big believer in health and well-being. If working out leads to living a longer life, improving my health, building confidence and helping me stay motivated, and then I will continue with it for the rest of my life.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
From an early age until I was in high school I was always out of shape. I didn't play any sports, never exercised, and my diet was out of control. After wanting change, I did my research on what I needed to do and applied myself - and there has been no turning back. Living a healthy lifestyle enables me to feel better physically and mentally. I cannot wait to pass these methods on to my future generations.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
The biggest goal I have conquered physically was the Vancouver Marathon, which I partook in near four months ago. The backbone to achieving this goal was to simply see what I was truly made out of. Although it was my first marathon, I set the standard high. The goal was to be able to qualify for The Boston Marathon. Although I fell short of this goal, it has now given me the motivation to get back training so I am able to achieve it.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
To keep progressing physically. I would like to become a faster runner and compete in an Ironman competition.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Don't let failure determine any outcome. Aim for perfection.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?
These amazing teenagers have made changes in their lives that most adults only dream about!
Age is no excuse for these over 40 men & women who have decided to feel and look young again!
|Share This Article: