- Name: Roland Pollard
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 19
- Where: Plano, TX
- Height: 5'11"
- Weight: 175 Off 165 Competition
- Years Bodybuilding :2
- Favorite Bodypart: Triceps
- Favorite Exercise: Triceps Pulldowns
- Favorite Supplements: Kre-Alkalyn
How Did You Get Started?
I started bodybuilding because all my life I've been the skinny kid who never made the football teams. It sounds pretty cliché, but it was more of my coaches teasing me about being 12 years old at a lean 75lbs that fueled my urge to change. My mom used to call me "Mighty Mouse" and said my body wasn't meant to be big. I always took offense to it, so I made a vow to prove her wrong someday. I feel that day has come.
Throughout middle school and junior high, my mom would drop me off at school on her way to work. I was an hour early every day because my parents were divorced and it was my only option. I made use of those five hours a week in the weight room because I no longer wanted to be Mighty Mouse. I started off very weak, but every month I would get compliments about my improvements. It was a very addictive feeling. It served as a motivational drive that still exists today, just at a more extreme level now.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
|TERMS YOU'LL NEED TO KNOW|
- Preacher Curls: 4 Sets Of 20, 15, 12, And 10 Reps
- Triceps Pulldowns: 4 Sets Of 20, 15, 12, And 10 Reps
- Hammer Curls: 5 Sets Of 5 Reps
- Forearm Barbell Curls: 4 Sets Of 30 Reps
- Skull Crushers: 4 Sets Of 20, 15, 12, And 10 Reps
- Incline/Decline Dumbbell Presses: 5 Sets Of 5 Reps
- Bent-Over Row: 4 Sets Of 10, 8, 6, And 4 Reps
- Cable Chest Fly: 3 Sets Of 10 Reps
- Lat-Pulldowns: 2 Sets Of 20 Reps
- Deadlifts: 3 Sets Of 10 Reps
- Shoulder Shrugs: 3 Sets Of 15 Reps
- Leg Raises: 4 Sets Of 25, 20, 15, And 10 Reps
- Weighted Calf-Raises: 3 Sets Of 40, 30, And 20 Reps
- Leg Curls: 4 Sets Of 20, 15, 12, And 10 Reps
- Jump-Squats: 4 Sets Of 10, 15, 20, And 25 Reps
Squats: 3 Sets Of 10, 12, And 15 Reps
Leg Press: 3 Sets Of 10, 12, And 15 Reps
- Stair-Climber: 10 Minutes On High
- Jump Rope: 2 Minutes On, 1 Minute Off For 20 Minutes
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Kre-Alkalyn packed on some size when stacked with Dymatize protein powder, any BCAA complex, and a good multivitamin. I also use a generous amount of glutamine every day so I'm not sore (around 20 grams). A very good pre-work out N.O. product is Dark Rage by MHP.
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love bodybuilding because I feel there is no greater creation than the human body. Seeing how I can literally sculpt my body as if it were one of Michelangelo's marble slabs makes me feel like an artist. I love making progress towards the perfect proportions and taking it one area at a time.What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
My 7th grade football coach once told me that I can do anything I set my mind to and I wanted to prove his point. After seeing that he was right, I took it above and beyond. I've always wanted to have a nice body, but now I want to take it a step forwards and have a perfect body.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I entered my first bodybuilding contest on June 6, 2009. Regardless of placing 5th, I will continue to compete and improve my body.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
The best tip I can give anyone is to be your own influence. Whatever you see in your idol, make it so you see that in yourself also.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
I love the BodyGroups because that is where everyone asks questions that we try to help each other with. We have a good time chatting and everyone is very friendly. You learn a lot from sharing different workout and diet tips. I've even had someone send me really good healthy recipes. Our group's (1 More REPPP) goal is to help each other reach our personal goals.