- Name: Miriam Looney
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 16
- Where: Alabama
- Height: 5'2"
- Weight: 114 Lbs
- Years Bodybuilding :1
- Favorite Bodypart: Triceps
- Favorite Exercise: Deadlifts
- Favorite Supplements: ON Casein, ON Hydrowhey, Speed Stack
How Did You Get Started?
I've always been in the gym working out, but I only started serious weight lifting about 6 months ago. For my 16th birthday I got my dream gift... a gym membership to the best gym in my town. I was so excited that I started coming in everyday. Finally one of the trainers told me I should think about doing a figure show and I was totally up for it! A week later I started the diet and training as hard as I could. 4 months later I competed and placed 1st in Teen Figure and took 4th in women's novice. It was such a great accomplishment for me, and boosted my confidence in myself.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
I train two body parts everyday and combine that with 45 minutes of morning cardio and 45 minutes cardio after weight training.
Day 1: Back/Chest
- Assisted Wide Grip Pullup: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Seated Cable Rows: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Lat Pulldowns: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Bent Over Row: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Deadlifts: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Press: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Cable Flyes: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Pushups: 3 sets of 15 reps
Day 2: Abs
- Hanging Leg Raises: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Hanging Pike: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Crunches: 2 sets of 25 reps
- Toe Touches: 2 sets of 25 reps
Day 3: Shoulders
- Upright Barbell Rows: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Dumbbell Lateral Raises: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Front Dumbbell Raise: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Reverse Flyes: 3 sets of 15 reps
Day 4: Arms
- Cable Hammer Curls: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Barbell Curls: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Cable Curls: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Skull Crushers: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Triceps Kickbacks: 3 sets of 20 reps
- Triceps Pushdowns: 3 sets of 15 reps
Day 5: Legs
- Leg Extension: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Deadlift: 4 sets of 20 reps
- Lying Hamstring Curl: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Thigh Abductor: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Thigh Adductor: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Calf Raises: 4 sets of 20 reps
Leg Press: 3 sets of 15 reps
Lunges: 3 sets of 50 reps
Day 6: Shoulders/Abs
- Arnold Press: 4 sets of 20 reps
- Iron Crosses: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Oblique Crunches: 2 sets of 25 reps
- Russian Twist: 2 sets of 25 reps
Day 7: Off
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
Meal 1: 7:30 AM
Meal 2: 10:00 AM
Meal 3: 12:00 PM
- 1 1/2 Cup Spinach
- 6oz Baked Tilapia
Meal 4: 2:00 PM
- Hydro Whey Protein Shake Made With Water And Ice (30 Grams Protein)
Meal 5: 4:00 PM
Meal 6: 6:00 PM
Meal 7: 8:00 PM
- Casein Shake Made With Water And Ice (36 Grams Of Protein)
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
I love anything from Optimum Nutrition! My favorite products from them are Optimum Casein in supreme chocolate and Hydro Whey in supercharged strawberry. Also before I train I drink a Speed Stack in grape flavor made by ABB, it always gives me extra energy to push through a hard workout.
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love bodybuilding because I love the feeling once you've completed the hardest drop set of your life. Also I know that if I put the work in that I'll get results. It gives me something to focus on and put energy into, and that's really what I need at this time in my life. I have so many goals I want to accomplish, and this is just the beginning. I'm looking forward to the journey and hard work I have ahead of me.What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
I'm motivated to lead a healthy lifestyle because I hate the way I feel if I eat loads of junk food or don't exercise. I want to inspire youth to be healthy and have a positive self image, and I think the best way to do that is to lead by example.What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
People kept on telling me how difficult it is to complete a diet for a show and how intense the training is, and all the talk made me want to try it. I love challenging myself and seeing how far I can push myself mentally and physically.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I'm competing at the beginning of July then my off season will start. My plans are to gain a lot of muscle during my off season and to stay reasonably lean.
My major goal is to become a Pro IFBB figure competitor before I turn 20. I would also love to be on the cover of Oxygen magazine!
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Results take time and you have to be consistent and dedicated to get the results you want. Never give up, or let someone tell you what you can or can't do.