- Name: Mike Murphy
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 17
- Where: Indianapolis, Indiana
- Height: 5'7"
- Weight: 180
- Years Bodybuilding :1
- Favorite Bodypart: Quads And Lats
- Favorite Exercise: Bench Press
- Favorite Supplements: Optimum 100% Whey Gold Standard, Super-Pump, Size-On,
How Did You Get Started?
I got started when I started playing football, I was much smaller than everyone else on the team, I only weighed 100lbs so I ate like crazy, trained my butt off, but it wasn't until the summer of 2007 when I started learning all the things with nutrition and actually became strict about my dieting. I started training even harder, and in the past 9 months, I've gained 30 lbs. and I love it!
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
I like to cycle my reps, so one month I'll do 4-6 reps, the next I'll do 8-10, and the next do 12-15? it keeps my muscles alert, to keep throwing new challenges at them.
As for my training now here is an example chest workout:
- Incline Bench - 6 X 8-10 (2 Sets Being Warm-Up)
- Incline Flyes - 4 X 8-10 1.5 - 2 Minutes Of Rest
- Flat Bench - 4 X 8
- Flat Dumbbell Press - 4 X 8
- Weighted Dips - 4 X 10
- Burnout On Cables - 1 X 30
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Mike Murphy's Example Workout.
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
- 2 Cups of low carb yogurt 24g Protein, 2g Fat, and 6g Carbs
- 3 Slices of toast 6g Protein 3g Fat 33g Carbs
- Since I'm at school now, all I have is a Optimum Protein Shake, 32g Protein, w/50g Carbohydrates from Carbo Force
- Beef Jerky! Gotta love school lunch. 25g Protein, and nothing else but salt!
- Back home, 2 cans of tuna on 4 pieces of bread 48g Protein, 40g Carbs 10g Fat
- Post workout! SERIOUS MASS! Mixed with glutamine powder, and flax oil, 65g Protein, 250g Carbs, and 20g Fat.
- Dinner, chicken breasts with rice, 30g Protein 40g Carbs 5g Fat
I drink this on and off till 9 Because that is too many calories to take in at once.
Right before bed drink 16 ounces of milk, it's a slow digesting source of protein that will keep you more anabolic through your sleep.
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
These supplements, I wouldn't say are the main reason of my greatest gains, because I had a hernia surgery back in December 2007, and I had 3 weeks off of lifting. I think that break really gave me an extra boost. I also took leukic while away from the training so I wouldn't lose any quality mass. It worked like a charm! But anyways, I took Vitrix, SuperPump, 100% Gold whey, I gained 30 solid pounds in 6 months no lie!
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love seeing myself grow, and not just grow, but get sculpted into a more symmetrical body. The whole thing with people coming up to me and complementing me on my build, it's nothing compared the satisfaction I get when I look in the mirror and notice I'm getting bigger. It's an amazing sense of fulfillment.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
Hopefully one day I can become pro, but if not, I will die trying, But on the more short term end, right now, I'm debating competing in the Northern Kentucky Teen competition in March or wait later next year for a competition. Decisions decisions?
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Be confident, but not cocky. Dieting is just as important as training, so don't horse around with your diet.