- Name: Matthijs Klein
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 18
- Where: Smilde, The Netherlands
- Height: 5'9"
- Weight: 200 lbs
- Years Bodybuilding :2
- Favorite Bodypart: Biceps
- Favorite Exercise: Dumbbell Curl
- Favorite Supplements: Protein Sshakes
How Did You Get Started?
When I was a young boy I wanted to join the Navy. I knew I needed to get fit to pass exams or succeed in exercises. You need to be really fit because it's a very serious job. The first time I went to the gym I was 15 years old. I started working out three times a week and trained some muscles in the gym. I loved the gym so much so I started training more and stopped running outdoors.
There was a trainer in the gym (a Dutch bodybuilding champion). His name is Sietze Lebbing. The first time that I saw him I didn't like his body. He was too big, all those muscles were too much for me. But every time I entered the gym I saw Sietze training and I was so impressed. Nowadays I want that same big body or even more. My dream is not the Navy anymore but I want to be the best bodybuilder.
Sietze Lebbing saw some potential in me and we decided to do the YBF Dutch championships, my first competition. It was really hard to do the cardio and watch the low carbs. But it was a really good lesson. I won third place at my first competition. I was really happy with this result. Sunday, May 22 I did my second competition, the Artemis Cup, and won! The diet was really hard, only fish for 8 weeks. I now qualified myself for the WFF in Austria!
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
I change my workout plan every 2 months so my body does not get used to it. In the offseason I train 4 times/week and for a competition 6 times/week and then I also add some cardio. This is one of my off season training programs, it works really well for me.
- Bench Press: 1-2 warm up sets of 12 reps, 4 sets of 12 reps
- Incline Bench Press: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Incline Flyes: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Shoulder Press: 1-2 warm up sets of 12 reps, 4 sets of 12 reps
- Side Lateral Raises: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Upright Row: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Triceps Extensions: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Triceps Dips: 1 set to failure
- Calves: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Lat Pulldown: 2 warm up sets of 12 reps, 4 sets of 12 reps
- Barbell Row: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Seated Row: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Barbell Curl: 2 warm up sets of 12 reps, 2 sets of 12 reps
- Dumbbell Curl: 2 sets of 12 reps
- Squat: 2 warm up sets of 12 reps, 3 sets of 12 reps
- Leg Press: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Leg Extension: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Stiff Leg Deadlift: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Inclined Bench Press: 2 warm up sets of 12 reps, 3 sets of 12 reps
- Dumbbell Press: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Cable Crossover: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Upright Row: 2 warm up sets of 12 reps, 2 sets of 12 reps
- Front Raises: 2 sets of 12 reps
- Triceps Press: 2 sets of 12 reps
- Dumbbell Extension: 2 sets of 12 reps
- Calves: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Low Pulley Row: 2 warm up sets of 12 reps, 3 sets of 12 reps
- Close Grip Lat Pulldown: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Wide Grip Lat Pulldown: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Dumbbell Curl: 2 warm up sets of 12 reps, 2 sets of 12 reps
- Barbell Curl: 2 sets of 12 reps
- Front Squat: 2-3 warm up sets of 12 reps, 4 sets of 12 reps
- Stiff Leg Deadlift: 2-3 warm up sets of 12 reps, 4 sets of 12 reps
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Protein supplements have given me the best results. I use Optimum's Gold Standard whey (best taste). I use creatine because it makes me a little bit stronger. I started now also with Opt-Men multi vitamins, a good addition to my normal meals. After the training I take also Vitargo for some fast sugars, good for my recovery.
- Optimum Nutrition Opti-Men: 1 tab
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love bodybuilding because every day is a challenge for me. Go to the gym, pick up some heavy dumbbells, and eat my meals every day. I love pushing myself beyond my natural limit. I love the feeling when I step under an iron bar and squat weight others couldn't even imagine.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
It's for my own sake. I want to have a goal in life, something where I can be really proud. Thinking of that keeps me going, along with inspiring others to live a healthier life style. I want to show people that nothing is impossible!
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
I want my parents, coach and trainer to be proud of me. I want to be an example to other teenage bodybuilders. My ultimate dream is to be a professional and make bodybuilding a way of living. I won my first competition now and it felt so great and really motivated me. Not only that, but I changed my body so much in only 6 months!
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
My future bodybuilding plans are to put on some more mass, and doing the WFF in Austria, my first international competion. We will see what happens next!
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
You have to know what you want, set goals for yourself and be patient. Rome was not built in a day! It's really important that you listen to your coach or trainer.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
Sietze Lebbing and Kevin Levrone. Kevin Levrone is a very likeable man. He shows that he has it all and is very physical. He is also a singer and posing on his own music makes him my favorite. Sietze Lebbing is my coach, trainer, and also a Dutch bodybuilding champion. I really respect him what he has done for me!
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?