- Name: Matthew McAllister
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Age: 19
- Where: Huntsville, Alabama
- Height: 5'6"
- Weight: 170 lbs
- Years Bodybuilding :4
- Favorite Bodypart: Legs
- Favorite Exercise: Rack deadlifts or rack pulls
- Favorite Supplements: NO Shotgun and ON Whey Protein
How Did You Get Started?
I first started lifting weights when I was in the 7th and 8th grade and would workout on my garage floor with a 110lb weight set. When I was finished with a bench set I would have to lock my arms out until my next one. As far as working out for bodybuilding I began training that style in the summer of my sophomore into my junior year in high school.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
- Close grip pull-ups: 3x8-10
- One arm cable rows: 3x10
- Straight arm pulldowns: 4x6-10
- Lat pulldowns: 3x8-10
- Shrugs: 5x15-6 pyramid up in weight from
- Dumbbell Bench press: 1x15, 3x8-10
- Incline barbell bench press: 1x8, 1x10, and 1x6
- Flat dumbbell flye: 3x10
- Dumbbell bicep curls superset close grip bench press: 1 warm-up, 3x8-10
- Hammer curl superset with skull crushers: 3x10-12
- Preacher curls superset with tricep kickbacks: 3x8-10
- Arnold presses: 1 warm-up then 1x12, 1x10, and 1x6-8
- Lateral raises: 3x8-12 each arm
- Bent over raises: 5x12-15
- Barbell shoulder press: 2xburnout
- Squats: 3 warm-up sets and then 4x6-10
- Step ups: 3x6-10 each leg
- Leg extensions: 3x12-15
- Leg curls: 3x12-15
I train my calves 3 times a week and switch up the days.
I train my abs once every month and then pre-contest once a week.
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
Up until a few weeks ago I mostly ate whatever I wanted but did eat 4-6 times a day and roughly consumed 3000 to 3500
calories a day. I have as of a few days ago I started an off season diet and it includes:
7:30 AM 1st meal:
10:30 AM 2nd meal:
12:30 PM 3rd meal:
3:00 PM 4th meal:
6:00 PM 5th meal:
9:00 PM 6th meal:
11:00 PM 7th meal:
- 2 scoops of casein protein
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love bodybuilding because like wrestling it is an individual sport but unlike other sports, in bodybuilding I compete against myself not the competitors on stage. I also love to see my body grow and change over time.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
My future bodybuilding plans are to sit out this year and compete at the collegiate nationals next year and hopefully with in the next five years win the Mr. Alabama and compete at the Nationals.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
One tip I would give other bodybuilders is to keep trying and to never quit. My training partner told me one day when I was discouraged was the all bodybuilders need three things dedication, patience and hard work and with those three things you will meet you goals as a competitor.