- Name: Kim Donnelly
- E-mail: Kimdonnelly25@yahoo.com
- Age: 18
- Where: Gilbert, AZ
- Height: 5'5"
- Weight: 115 On 135 Off
- Years Bodybuilding :1
- Favorite Bodypart: Back
- Favorite Exercise: Shoulder Press
- Favorite Supplements: John Scotts Nitro Amino Armor, BSN Syntha-6, MHP Probolic-SR
How Did You Get Started?
I had wanted a gym membership for the longest time, and when I finally scraped together enough cash that was the first thing I spent it on. I got myself a personal trainer to learn the basics and help me get into shape. I was at the gym so often that they ended up offering me a job there, which I gratefully accepted... I couldn't get enough of it! One day I was approached and asked whether or not I would be interested in competing in the 2008 NPC MAX MUSCLE Western Regional ... I'm always up for a challenge, so of course I accepted! All of my hard work and months of prep paid off, because I placed 1st in teen and 2nd in Women's open C class where I qualified for nationals! Buying myself that membership was the BEST investment I have ever made!
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
This is an example of something I would do now. I do at least 30 minuets of cardio every day as well. When I work my abs, I don't have any specific plan, and always go until failure.
- Shoulder Press 4 Sets
- Reverse Flyes 4 Sets
- Dumbbell Lateral Raises 4 Sets
- Upright Rows 4 Sets
- Low Cable Lateral Raises 4 Sets
- Seated Incline Hammer Curls 3 Sets
- Overhead Cable Curls 4 Sets
- Dumbbell Single Arm Spider Curls 3 Sets
- Superset 1: Close Grip Barbell Curls 4 Sets
- Superset 1: Wide Grip Barbell Curls 4 Sets
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Kim Donnelly's Monday Workout.
- Lunges 3 Sets Until Failure Each Set
- Superset: Leg Extensions 4 Sets
- Right Leg X 10 Reps
- Left Leg X 10 Reps
- Both Legs Close X 10 Reps
- Both Legs Wide X 10 Reps
- Freehand Squats 4 Sets 30 Reps
- Hip Adductors 4 Sets
- Seated Calf Raise 4 Sets 8-10 Reps
- Standing Calf Raise 4 Sets 8-10 Reps
- Calf Press 3 Sets Until Failure Each Set
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Kim Donnelly's Tuesday Workout.
I do more high rep and plyometric movements while working my legs because they have a tendency to gain size fairly quickly.
Wednesday: Chest/ Triceps/ Abs
- Incline Flyes 4 Sets
- Incline Dumbbell Press 4 Sets
- Cable Crossovers 3 Sets
- Smith Machine Incline Press 3 Sets
- Press Machine 4 Sets
- Close Grip Bench Press 3 Sets
- Incline Barbell Triceps Extension 4 Sets
- Reverse Grip Triceps Pushdown 4 Sets
- Triceps Pushdown With Rope 4 Sets
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Kim Donnelly's Wednesday Workout.
Thursday: Heavy Back/Light Shoulders
- Pull-Ups 3 Sets Until Failure Each Rep
- Reverse Grip Bent Over Barbell Row 3 Sets
- Lat Pulldowns 4 Sets
- Seated Rows 3 Sets
- Lying T-Bar Row 4 Sets
- Deadlifts 3 Sets
- Back Extensions Until Failure
- Seated Laterals 4 Sets
- Seated Bent Over Rear Delt Raise 4 Sets
- Dumbbell Front Raises 4 Sets
- Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press 4 Sets
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Kim Donnelly's Thursday Workout.
- Stiff Legged Deadlift
- Lying Leg Curls 4 Sets
- Standing Leg Curl 4 Sets Until Failure
- Seated Leg Curl 4 Sets
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Kim Donnelly's Friday Workout.
Saturday I usually will go hiking or do bleachers and run the track etc. If I do go into the gym I will usually do Biceps and Triceps and abs, I don't have a specific plan for Saturdays. Sundays are always a full day off? by this time in the week my body is thanking me for it!
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
With supplementation, I really like to stick to the basics. If I'm having a tough time getting my workout going or I'm just lagging all day, I'll take BSN's NO Xplode or sometimes Muscletech's NaNO Vapor, both I feel are great for pre-workout. For Protein when it comes closer to show, Zero Carb Isopure is great stuff. Right now I'm using BSN Syntha-6 and before bed I'll take a scoop of Probolic-SR. Of course I can't forget about my aminos, John Scott Nitro Amino Armor, and I also like Irwin Naturals Multi.
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I eat clean on a regular basis, hit the gym 5-6 days a week, love going hiking and doing activities outdoors? I just love living a healthy lifestyle! It is a really good way to stay away from all of the negative things that life will throw at you. Staying healthy and fit makes me feel great and, I swear, lifting is the best way to relieve stress!
Competing was probably one of the best decisions I have made. Although it was so demanding physically and mentally, it taught me so much and helped me to grow as a person in ways I would not have imagined.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
As of right now, I am working to better my physique that way I can compete once again, summer of 2009. I am also studying to get my NASM certification, that way I will be able to train, something I have wanted to do for a long while now. The long term goal I have set for myself is to earn my pro card and establish myself as a fitness model. I feel very strongly that I am capable of achieving both of those things!
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Don't listen to what anybody else has to say... people are going to doubt you and people are going to talk about you behind your back but you can't take it to heart. Be above that and bring your best.