- Name: Jordan Simon
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Age: 19
- Where: Morgantown, WV
- Height: 5'11"
- Weight: 185 lbs
- Years Bodybuilding :0
- Favorite Bodypart: Chest
- Favorite Exercise: Incline Barbell Bench
- Favorite Supplements: BSN N.O. Xplode
How Did You Get Started?
I first got started lifting in my junior year of high school playing football. It was something for me that stuck, I loved the results and how much stronger I was than my friends. I continued lifting when I played basketball my first year of college, and really began to see results. I've been hooked ever since and I continue to be motivated and dedicated to improving in the future.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
I try to switch up my routine every so often but for the most part I stick to a 6 day weight training regimen with 5 days of cardio. I do a short abs routine after each workout with a more extensive abs workout once a week.
- Barbell Bench Press: 4 sets of 10, 8, 6, 4 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Press: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Flat Bench Dumbbell Flyes: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Cable Crossovers: 5 sets of 12 reps
- Rope Pulldowns: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Dumbbell Kickbacks: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Weighted Dips: 3 drop sets of 15 reps
- Lat Pulldowns: 5 sets of 10 reps
- Seated Rows: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Standing Barbell Rows: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Seated Reverse Flyes: 5 sets of 10 reps
- Dumbbell Hammer Curls: 5 sets of 10 reps
- Rope Cable Curls: 3 sets of 10 reps
- EZ Bar Reverse Curls: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Parallel Squats: 5 sets of 10, 8, 6, 4, 2 reps
- Seated Calf Raises: 5 sets of 10 reps
- Leg Extensions: 5 sets of 10 reps
- Leg Press: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Rope Crunches: 3 sets of 40 reps
- Hanging Leg Raises: 3 sets of 25 reps
- Seated Dumbbell Press: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Side Lateral Raises: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Plate Raises: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Military Press: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Dumbbell Shrugs: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Barbell Shrugs: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Barbell Preacher Curls: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Triceps EZ Bar Extensions: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Standing EZ Bar Curls: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Close Grip Bench Press: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Concentration Curls: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Standing Overhead Unilateral Triceps Extensions: 3 sets of 10 reps
I leave this day open for a couple reasons. First, in case I miss a workout during the week because of work or unplanned circumstances. I also use this day to work out any body part that I feel I maybe didn't work completely during the week; usually this entails a chest and light leg workout.
I do a cardio workout everyday in the evening around 7 o'clock. I choose to do it later in the evening about an hour or so before bed so I know I go to sleep on an empty stomach. I vary the workout each day but I stick to mainly three exercises. A 45 minute run on treadmill, a 45 minute bike ride on the machine, or a 45 minute swim (changing the stroke and taking breaks).
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
- 1 scoop whey protein
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
I have experimented with several supplements over the past couple years and I have found the best combination for me is what I take currently.
- Whey protein: 1 / 2 / 1 scoops
- BSN N.O. Xplode: 1 scoop
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love the feeling of confidence that you get when you can look in the mirror and be happy with yourself because you know your hard work and sacrifice has paid off. It's such a great, lifelong building block that only takes an hour out of your day and you are healthier happier for it.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
I have great aspirations in becoming a model and staying in the best shape possible and that is my biggest motivation. I look forward to working out every day and I'm constantly trying to learn new things, so motivation has never been a problem for me.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
I have always been an athletic person and stayed in pretty good shape. Once I got in the gym in high school I've continued to strive to get bigger and stronger. I see guys on the covers of magazines and I know that's what I want to look like, and until I do I will keep working hard.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I hope to break into the fitness model industry and be an inspiration to others like the people in the magazines and videos have inspired me. It is such a competitive field but I will continue to set high goals and work hard to achieve them.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
"There is no short term solution for long term success." This quote has worked well for me because it keeps me grounded. Sometimes we strive for results and expect them to happen overnight and we have to remember that achieving fitness is a marathon, not a sprint.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?
I really love the Bodybuilding.com store. No other place online allows the easy browsing and great deals that are available there. I also enjoy BodySpace as it allows you to interact with other people who share your desire for fitness and healthy living.