- Name: Israel Alvarado
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Age: 17
- Where: San Diego, California
- Height: 5' 5"
- Weight: 170 Lbs., Contest: 135 Lbs.
- Years Bodybuilding :2
- Favorite Bodypart: Chest and Biceps
- Favorite Exercise: Cable Flyes
- Favorite Supplements: Optimum 100% whey protein, Phosphagen creatine, L-Glutamine, Twinlab's Amino Fuel, Twinlab's Ripped Fuel, Universal Animal Pak, Myoplex MRP shake.
How Did You Get Started?
I have always been a rather athletic person my whole life. I always enjoyed playing sports, with soccer being my main one. My dad inspired me to start working out because he had already been doing it for about 10 years. That's when I was bit by the bug, I even quit soccer so that I could focus on my bodybuilding goals, which was to compete within a year. With the help and support of my family, friends, and articles from Bodybuilding.com, I was able to fully prepare myself for my first competition.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
Sample Training Week:
Legs, light ab workout
25 minutes of jump rope cardio
Repeat Day One
Rest (next week I will start with Bi's and Tri's on Monday and repeat cycle)
- I do about 12-15 sets for big body parts such as legs or back, and 9-12 sets on smaller body parts such as biceps or triceps.
- I also make sure to train smart, hitting every part of a certain muscle when I train it to achieve full development.
- I keep intensity high for big gains.
- I take an extra day off every now and then to give my body time to recover.
- I also keep my cardio at low intensity/ high intensity intervals to ensure I'm burning the most fat possible.
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
This was my pre contest diet:Meal 1: Myoplex MRP shake, 5 egg whites, and 2 slices of lean ham Meal 2: Serving of fruit (apple, pear, or peach), 2 bags of mini carrots, and 5 slices of turkey. Meal 3: Double serving of Optimum 100% Whey Protein shake Meal 4: 5 oz of chicken breast, half a cup of brown rice, creatine (pre workout) Meal 5: Double serving of Optimum 100% Whey Protein with glutamine and creatine, serving of fruit (apple, pear, or peach)(post workout) Meal 6: 5 oz of chicken breast cooked with pineapple Meal 7: Double serving of casein protein (right before going to sleep)
I also snack on low glycemic carbs through out the day to curve cravings.
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I truly hate being asked this question. Its just one of those questions you just can't answer briefly. But its basically because it's not just a sport, but a whole lifestyle. And I simply enjoy lifting at the gym. Bodybuilding also has a lot of benefits. Not only do you look good, but you also stay healthy, athletic, and helps relieve everyday stress.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I'm hoping to keep bodybuilding my whole life. And hopefully I will eventually obtain my pro card while staying away from anabolic steroids.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
That if you truly want to achieve your goals, you must be dedicated, disciplined, and more importantly learn to love your diet...
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
|Calling All Over 40 Amateurs!|