- Name: Fernando Valeriano
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Age: 20
- Where: Hobbs, NM
- Height: 6'1''
- Weight: 225 Lbs.
- Years Bodybuilding :5
- Favorite Bodypart: Quads
- Favorite Exercise: Deadlifts and Dumbbell Curls
- Favorite Supplements: Branch Chain Amino Acids
How Did You Get Started?
Started as a mixed martial artist doing b-jujitsu, capoeira, kick boxing, boxing. From the martial art training and discipline I got very lean and started to lift weights. Met with a guy by the name of Steve Mares who is a natural bodybuilder, who convinced me to do my first show in Texas at age 15, got sponsored and been hooked since. I compete in all natural competitions, Muscle Mania shows. I am a needle free bodybuilder who relies on science and hard work to build muscle and not on drugs.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
Monday: Chest and Calves
- Bench Press: 2 sets of 8-10 reps
- Incline Bench Press: 2 sets of 10-15 rep
- Incline Hammer Strength: 2 sets of 8-10 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Press: 2 sets of 6-8 reps
- Dips: 2 sets to failure
- Standing Calf Raise: 2 sets to failure
- Sitting Calve Raises: 2 sets to failure
- Calf Press: 2 sets of 12-15 reps
Tuesday: Bi's and Tri's
- Dumbbell Curls: 2 sets of 6-8 reps
- Hammer Curls: 2 sets of 6-8 reps
- Preacher Curls: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Close-Grip Bench Press: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Overhead Dumbbell Extension: 2 sets of 12-15 reps
- Dumbbell Kickbacks: 2 sets of 12 reps
- Squats: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Leg Extension: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Leg Curl: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Stiff-Legged Deadlift: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Arnold Press: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Side Laterals: 5 sets of 10 reps
- Bent-Over Side Laterals: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Deadlifts: 1 set of 6-10 reps
- Low Pulley Row: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Hammer Strength Pulldowns: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Hyper Extensions: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Dumbbell Rows: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Weighted Sit-Ups: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Weighted Leg Lifts: 2 sets of 6-8 reps
- Hanging Leg Lifts: 3 sets of 15 reps
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
I try to stick with low sodium foods and lean meats as much as possible along with veggies and fruits. Example of food I eat would be: Chicken, turkey, eggs, lean beef, squash, spinach, onions, asparagus, grapefruits, apples and oranges. I try to avoid fast food joints and anything un-natural even though I treat myself from time to time.
- 1 serving BSN True Mass weight gainer shake
- 1lb chicken
- 1 large potato
- 1lb of chicken
- 8 oz veggies
- 50g casein protein
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
The supplement that gives me great gains would be Creatine Monohydrate. I don't rely on supplements to give me gains but only to boost me. I like taking branch chain amino acids for endurance and protein synthesis after workouts.
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
Bodybuilding teaches me a lot about life. You can apply bodybuilding to your own life. Bodybuilding builds character and discipline. Bodybuilding makes everything in life seem a lot easier. I love the science behind bodybuilding. Weight+Science=Muscle.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
I stay motivated because living a healthy lifestyle makes me feel great throughout the day and decreases the chances of so many diseases. One big motivator is being able to see my abs; if my abs start to fade away then I hit the diet even harder!
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
Arnold is a great inspiration when it comes to bodybuilding and success. Seeing how far he made it, motivates me to do the same.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I want to be the best natural bodybuilder out there.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Stay on top of it and be patient. Study, study, study! Educating yourself on the body and on muscle is the best way to speed up your results! If you guys/girls have any question look me up here on BodySpace or on Facebook.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?
I use BodySpace, workout logs, measurement logs and the bodybuilding store!