- Name: Abe Minkler
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 17
- Where: Spokane, Washington
- Height: 5'6"
- Weight: 155 Lbs
- Years Bodybuilding :1
- Favorite Bodypart: Back
- Favorite Exercise: Barbell Squats
- Favorite Supplements: Monster Milk
How Did You Get Started?
After two years of wrestling in high school, I decided that I wanted to get stronger. Before, I was a scrawny 112 pound kid who was easily overpowered by stronger wrestlers. I decided I had had enough and that I was going to get strong. I began lifting last summer, but it wasn't until March 2009 that I got a personal trainer and began training very seriously. Ever since then, I have gained almost 10 pounds of lean mass.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
Right now, I basically do a push/pull split routine with an added legs and abs day.
|TERMS YOU'LL NEED TO KNOW|
Monday: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
- Incline Dumbbell Press: 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Barbell Bench Press: 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Cable Crossover: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Standing Military Press: 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Side Raise: 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Reverse Dumbbell Flyes: 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Upright Rows: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Dips: 4 sets to failure
- Rope Pulldowns: 4 sets of 8-10 reps
Wednesday: Back, Biceps, Forearms
- Wide Grip Pull-ups: 4 sets to failure
- Bent Over Row: 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Cable Row: 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Single Dumbbell Row: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Neutral Grip Pull-ups: 4 sets to failure
- Barbell Curl: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Hammer Curl: 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Reverse EZ Bar Curl: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Plate Pinch: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
Friday: Legs and Abs
- Squats: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Deadlifts: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Romanian Deadlifts: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Hack Squats: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Calf Raises: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Crunches: 3 sets to failure
- Side Bends: 3 sets of 12 reps
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
I don't really have a strict nutrition plan as long as I have well balanced meals 4-6 times a day with lean protein, complex carbs, and essential fats. I always have a protein shake right after my workouts.
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
A daily multivitamin and fish oil taken in combination before a workout gives me a lot of energy to push to my full potential. Afterwards, I take Monster Milk because it has a combination of whey protein, casein, glutamine, and creatine.
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I like it because it gives me something to do. It also helps me relieve a great deal of stress in my everyday life. I also like it because of the progress I see every week after each workout.What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
I try to keep my body as healthy as possible so that I can live my life to its full potential.What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
I think my involvement in sports has really given me that extra push that I need to achieve my goals.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
My first goal is to get better at wrestling, but once I am done with that, I plan on continuing my gains in bodybuilding and maybe someday hope to compete.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Always keep yourself motivated but don't let it take control of your life. You must know the difference between a hobby and an obsession and keep your priorities straight. Be patient and keep track of your progress, and you will succeed.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
I mainly search the Workout Database to try out something new every once and awhile. Overall, it has helped me create new workouts that help me to make constant gains.