Features & Benefits - Vega One: All-in-One Nutritional Shake
What is Vega One?
Good for your body and the planet, Vega One Nutritional Shake is the clean, plant-based choice to fuel your healthy, active lifestylewithout compromise. Made from natural, whole food ingredients, Vega One is a convenient, all-in-one supplement, packed with:
- 50% daily intake of vitamins and minerals
- 15 g protein
- 6 g fibre
- 1.5 g Omega-3
Formulated by Brendan Brazier, professional Ironman triathlete and bestselling author on performance nutrition, Vega One is free from dairy, gluten and soy, and contains no added sugar, artificial flavours, colours or sweeteners.
Available in Berry, Chocolate, Vanilla Chai and Natural flavour, enjoy Vega One shaken with water, juice or a non-dairy beverage of your choice, and as a delicious, nutrient-supplementing addition to your favourite smoothie recipe.
What Makes Vega One Awesome?
15 g Protein
Vega One features our signature, broad-spectrum, plant-based protein blend, with all essential amino acids in ideal balance. Vega One's Complete Protein Blend includes:
- Pea protein
- SaviSeed (sacha inchi) protein
- Hemp seed protein
- Sprouted whole grain brown rice protein
6 g Fiber
Boasting 24% of your recommended daily intake of fiber per serving, Vega One is a delicious way to work both soluble and insoluble fiber into your day. Fiber intake has been shown to help:
- Maintain normal blood sugar levels1
- Normalize elimination and maintain bowel health1
- Promote a feeling of fullness, reduce feelings of hunger and thereby support healthy weight management when combined with exercise and a reduced calorie diet.1
Fiber in Vega One is primarily sourced from flax, inulin (fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS)), and pea.
Low GI Carbohydrates
Low glycemicwith an impressively low GI of 19.22one serving of Vega One is comprised of 26% naturally-occurring complex carbohydrates. Sweetened only with stevia extract, Vega One has no sugar, maltodextrin or sugar-derivatives added.
1.5 g Omega-3
Giving you as much Omega-3 per scoop as 6 oz. of wild chum salmon, Vega One sources its plant-based Omega profile from white chia, whole flax seed (not flax meal) and hemp.
Blueberries are jealousthat's because a serving of Vega One has as many antioxidants3 as 2.7 cups of them. Plus, each scoop of Vega One showcases 200mg of Vega's custom 1000 ORAC4 Antioxidant Blend, sourced from some of the most antioxidant-rich fruit in the world, including:
- Maqui, goji and Açaí berries
- Pomegranate seed
- Grape seed extract
A single, one-scoop serving of Vega One delivers the equivalent of 3 servings of vegetablesmainly from our Green Blend, which features:
- Chlorella (cracked cell, high CGF)
- Alfalfa grass
- Spinach leaf
Vitamins & Minerals
Helping you cover your key nutrient bases, a serving of Vega One give you 50% of your daily intake of vitamins and minerals. Premium vitamin and mineral forms such as mineral citrates were chosen to help you get more out of Vega One through better absorption.
With 1 billion CFU dairy-free probiotics (lactobacillus acidopholus and Bifidobacterium bifidum), Vega One helps maintain healthy intestinal florawithout a visit to the yogurt aisle.
We want you to get everything you can from a serving of Vega One. That's why Vega's Digestive Enzyme blend is added to facilitate the breakdown of nutrients in Vega One during digestion, so more nutrients are available to be absorbed by your body for higher net-gain nutrition.
Rich in amino acids, alkaloids, sterols, vitamins and minerals, 1000 mg of pure, organic, gelatinized maca are included in every serving of Vega One, to help you balance, invigorate, energize and maintain good health.
Part of the Green Blend in Vega One, chlorella is a nutritious, green micro-algae that delivers Chlorella Growth Factor (CGF), chlorophyll, protein, vitamins and minerals to help support immune function.5
- Mayo Clinic Staff. Mayo Clinic Foundation for Medical Education and Research (2009) Dietary Fiber: Essential for a Healthy Diet. Accessed December 29, 2011 at http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fiber/NU00033
- In-vitro test results of the Glycemic Index of Vega One . (Standard error <5 GI units; standard deviation <3%.) The Glycemic Index (GI) is a scale of 0 to 100 that ranks carbohydrate-rich foods by how much they raise blood sugar levels after eating. Learn more about the Glycemic Index here: http://www.diabetes.ca/files/glycemicindex_eng.pdf
- Vitamin C, E and Selenium
- umol TE/g
- Vitamin A (Beta carotene)