WITH NEW HYDROCARN™
CARNOSYN® BETA-ALANINE HCL
(ONLY AVAILABLE FROM TOP SECRET NUTRITION)
The Pump Igniter™ is a true one-of-a-kind pre-workout supplement designed to prime the mind and supercharge your body for outrageous workouts and incredible results.
Pump Igniter™ has changed the pre-workout supplement industry forever by taking it to a new level with HydroCarn™ - Beta-alanine HCL, incredible nootropics, and No2 and No3 boosting science.
Pump Igniter™ is a pre-workout supplement designed to get your butt off the couch, fire you up for a great workout, and keep you motivated, energized, and pumped, so you can get the absolute most out of your time in the gym.
Pump Igniter™ is formulated to help boost your:
Q. What is the main limiting factor for everyone trying to make improvements in the gym?
A.The answer is plain and simple, MOTIVATION. If you have the motivation, anything is possible. So the research and development team at Top Secret Nutrition focused their efforts on creating a pre-workout supplement that not only primes and supports the body for higher performance and the best possible workout, but also stimulates the mind to drive it. The ideal pre-workout supplement should start to work BEFORE you get to the gym and really come to life once you are there. Our innovation will extend your workouts and help you achieve your true potential in the gym. That's why we developed Pump Igniter™.
The amino acid L-citrulline is a pre-cursor to L-arginine. It is also a byproduct of endothelial nitric oxide production. During the ENOS cycle, L-citrulline is converted into L-arginine, creating more blood level L-arginine to be used to create nitric oxide. Research suggests that oral supplementation of L-citrulline is not metabolized in the intestine or liver and is thus a good supplement to support increased nitric oxide levels.
- May help reduce post exercise muscle soreness*
- Helps support sexual health*
NEW! HYDROCARN™ - BETA-ALANINE HCL
Beta-alanine is an amino acid that promotes more muscular energy. A study published in a 2010 issue of Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise concluded that supplementation with beta-alanine increases muscle’s carnosine content and, therefore, total muscle buffer capacity, with the potential to improve physical performance during high-intensity exercise and to delay the onset of neuromuscular fatigue.
What is HydroCarn™
HydroCarn™ is derived from a Carnosyn beta-alanine base that is modified into beta-alanine HCL. It is the next generation in beta-alanine supplementation. With nearly three times the solubility of Carnosyn Beta-alanine, HydroCarn™ is rapidly absorbed and used by the body.
- Increase lean body mass*
- Increase muscle carnosine levels*
- Increase muscle buffering*
- Decrease acidosis*
- Improve endurance
- Delay fatigue*
- Increase muscle strength and performance
RED BEET JUICE HIGH IN NITRATES
Red beet root is naturally high in nitrates (NO3) which are believed to improve athletic performance. A study led by the University of Exeter, published in 2009 in the Journal of Applied Physiology, pointed to the benefits of NO3, suggesting that they boost a cyclist's endurance.* Nitrates are helpful to athletes because they quickly bring oxygen to muscles, essentially making the more difficult efforts easier. Additionally, Bailey et al. (2009) suggest that beet root supplementation can reduce the O2 cost of exercise, suggesting that beet root supplementation allows for high-intensity exercise to be tolerated for an extended period of time.* In a later study, Bailey et al. (2011) suggests that acute dietary nitrate supplementation with beet root improves cycling economy, as demonstrated by a higher power output (PO) for the same rate of oxygen consumption (VO2), and enhances both 4- and 16.1-km cycling time trial performance.*
Researchers theorize that the reason for improved athletic performance is due to an increase in nitric oxide production via a different pathway than the traditional l-arginine nitric oxide pathway. This is called the nitrate nitrite nitric oxide pathway, and it kicks in when oxygen levels are low, like when we are exercising. Red beet nitrates (NO3) are converted to nitrates (NO2) and the nitrates (NO2) are converted to nitric oxide (NO).*
- Increase nitric oxide*
- Increase blood flow*
This ingredient is found in a variety of plants such as Nelumbo Nucifera. In animal models, it has been suggested to be a potent beta-2-adrenergic receptor agonist. Beta-2 agonists help stimulate fat cells to release fat as fatty acids. Higenamine exerts its lipolytic, thermogenic, and anabolic effects via adrenergic signaling and cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP) activation. Higenamine has been suggested to stimulate acetylcholine release in animal models, suggesting that it may induce improved muscle contraction on human subjects.*
- Mental focus and clarity*
- Promote protein synthesis *
- Increase blood flow*
- Increase endurance
- Lipolytic - fat releasing stimulator*
RUTAECARPINE 98% (RC-NOS)
RC-NOS™, also known as Rutaecarpine, is a quinazolinocarboline alkaloid naturally found in the long used Chinese herb, Wu-Chu-Yu. Rutaecarpine has traditionally been used to support vasodilation as well as cognitive effects.
A recent study (Sheu et al, 1999) reports that Rutaecarpine may support the output of nitric oxide (NO), particularly from endothelial cells. RC-NO appears to cause an influx of intracellular calcium ions resulting in the activation of endothelial NO synthesis, causing smooth muscles to relax. This relaxation in the smooth muscle cells surrounding arteries and veins may help effectively reduce muscle fatigue by increasing the removal of waste products like carbon dioxide and lactic acid.
It has also been found that the increase calcium ions and cGMP caused by NO release can enhance shortening velocity of contraction, maximal mechanical power, and overall strength.*
- Help support weight loss*
Bioperine® is a standardized extract from the fruit of Piper nigrum L (black pepper) or Piper longum L (long pepper). Bioperine® is used to help other nutrients become better absorbed into the blood stream. It works by inhibiting glucuronidation, which is a process that the body uses to make substances more water-soluble. More water-soluble substances are more easily eliminated from the body through urination. When this process is inhibited, the bioavailability of some substances is increased. BioPerine is the only product sourced out of piperine to obtain a patented status for its ability to increase the bioavailability of nutritional compounds. It is also the only source from piperine to have undergone clinical studies in the U.S. to substantiate its safety and efficacy for nutritional use.*
- Improve absorption of ingredients
Astravar™ is an all-natural plant-derived compound that is extracted from highly fractionated Panax notoginseng and Astragalus membranaceus. Research suggests that Astravar may improve the absorption of various nutrients at the cellular level. When a greater amount of these nutrients are transported from the blood stream into cells, rather than just floating in the blood stream, you have truly improved bioavailability. Astravar also contains several ginsenosides. Ginsenosides belong to a group of compounds known as steroidal saponins, which are steroid molecules with attached sugar residues. In an animal study one of these ginsenosides known as rb1 was suggested to increase testosterone production indirectly through the stimulation of the luteinizing hormone. Further research also suggests that the ingredients in Astravar can increase eNOS (endothelial nitric oxide synthase), the enzyme that prompts nitric oxide production in endothelial cells.*
- Improve absorption of ingredients
MAGNESIUM GLYCEROPHOSPHATE - DI-POTASSIUM PHOSPHATE DI SODIUM PHOSPHATE
Electrolytes are needed to maintain proper fluid balance and to optimize your energy levels so you can function at your best. Electrolytes are important because they are what your cells (especially nerve, heart, and muscle) use to maintain voltages across their cell membranes and to carry electrical impulses (nerve impulses, muscle contractions) across themselves and to other cells. Your kidneys work to keep the electrolyte concentrations in your blood constant despite changes in your body. For example, when you exercise heavily, you lose electrolytes in your sweat, particularly sodium and potassium. These electrolytes must be replaced to keep the electrolyte concentrations of your body fluids constant.*
We have added a unique electrolyte matrix of dipotassium phosphate, disodium phosphate, and magnesium glycerophosphate to Pump Igniter™ to help maintain a desirable electrolyte balance.
- Maintain proper hydration*
- Support healthy blood acidity*
NOOTROPIC MOOD BOOSTING COMBINATION
This proprietary composition is a revolution in sports nutrition and redefines the potential of pre-workout supplementation. It is the perfect balance of ingredients designed to stimulate the most powerful areas of your mind allowing you to push your body beyond what you thought were limits and reward you with incredible results.
You are already familiar with caffeine, but do you really know how it affects the mind and body? Caffeine is a naturally occurring compound called trimethylxanthine that acts as a central nervous system stimulant in humans. The half life of caffeine is 3-7 hours and its significant levels can be detected in the brain after 5 minutes of oral intake, with the peak levels reaching in about 30 minutes. Caffeine's main mechanism of action is by blocking the adenosine receptors and altering the levels of various neurotransmitters like dopamine, adrenaline, serotonin, and acetylcholine.
- Stimulate dopamine (the "fell good" hormone)*
- Improve aerobic performance*
- Reduce fatigue*
- Decrease the perception of effort*
Agmatine is a polyamine that is produced via decarboxylation of l-arginine by the enzyme arginine decarboxylase. It binds to various receptors and has been accepted as a novel neurotransmitter in brain. In the correct dosage, studies suggest that agmatine can increase endothelial nitric oxide synthase, or in other words, increase nitric oxide*. However, in our opinion, the best reason to include agmatine is for its positive effects on the brain, which include mood and sensory management. Because agamtine is biphasic, too much of it can have negative effects on both those areas, so the correct dosage is key.*
- Improve and maintain a positive mood*
- Supports pituitary luteinizing hormone release*
- Fights free radicals*
Commonly known as Indian gooseberry or amla, it [or Phyllanthus Emblica] is an important ingredient in the Ayurvedic systems of medicine. The plant is used both as a medicine and as a tonic to build up lost vitality and vigor. Phyllanthus emblica is highly nutritious and is a dietary source of vitamin C, amino acids, and minerals.
- Increase energy*
- Increase endurance*
- Added Benefits:
- Fights free radicals*
This dietary supplement is formed by combining niacin with GABA. Picamilon is able to cross the blood–brain barrier, where it is then is hydrolyzed into GABA and niacin. The second released component, niacin, acts as a strong vasodilator. Scientists at the Department of Biochemistry, Odessa University, found that picamilon passes quickly through the blood-brain barrier, faster than GABA itself. The combination of niacin and GABA increases the effectiveness of both ingredients. Because GABA is an inhibitory neurotransmitter, it is involved in processes in which neural activity is reduced, such as reducing nervousness, supporting calming, and releasing tension. In studies with animals, picamilon has been suggested to have positive action on the cerebral circulation, and also exhibits the properties of a unique calming but stimulating component.*
- Increase non-sedative calming*
- Support concentration and focus*
- Helps support blood flow to the brain*
Choline bitartrate is a water-soluble B vitamin that is a precursor to acetylcholine, one of the crucial brain chemicals. Acetylcholine is a neurotransmitter used throughout the body; it controls muscle contraction and determines your brain speed. Reductions in plasma choline associated with strenuous exercise may reduce acetylcholine release, and could thereby affect performance and mood. Research suggests that choline levels drop during exercise, and supplementing choline prior to exercise can enhance pre-workout vigor and reduce intra- and post-workout fatigue.* The brain uses acetylcholine – its primary chemical neurotransmitter for memory and attention to communicate with muscles.*
- Increase nitric oxide*
- Heighten focus*
- Improve muscle contractions*
- Helps support muscle coordination
This tropical legume is also known as velvet bean. Mucuna contains L-DOPA, a precursor to the neurotransmitter dopamine. L-DOPA converts into dopamine, and as mentioned before, dopamine is an important brain chemical known as the "feel good" hormone that is involved with motivation and desire. In Ayurvedic medicine Mucuna is often used to support sexual health.*
- Supports healthy testosterone levels*
SAFED MUSLI (CHLOROPHYTUM BORIVILIANUM)
This herb is from the tropical wet forests in peninsular India. Studies suggest that supplementing with Safed Musli had a anabolic effect in animals as evidenced by weight gains in the body and reproductive organs.* Additional animal studies suggested that Safed Musli enhances sexual health and vigor.* In the Ayurvedic literature, Safed Musli is a chief ingredient in the preparation of over a hundred therapeutic formulations. Safed Musli is used to revitalize, energize, support sexual health, and promote an overall feeling of well-being.*
- Support and promote anabolic activity*
(1) Role of beta-alanine supplementation on muscle carnosine and exercise performance. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2010 Jun;42(6):1162-73. doi: 10.1249/MSS.0b013e3181c74e38.
(2) Beta-alanine supplementation reduces acidosis but not oxygen uptake response during high-intensity cycling exercise. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2010 Feb;108(3):495-503. doi: 10.1007/s00421-009-1225-0. Epub 2009 Oct 16.
(3) Anatomically distinct dopamine release during anticipation and experience of peak emotion to music. Nat Neurosci. 2011 Feb;14(2):257-62. doi: 10.1038/nn.2726. Epub 2011 Jan 9.
(4) Use of carnosine as a natural anti-senescence drug for human beings. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2000 Jul;65(7):869-71.
(5) Therapeutic use of citrulline in cardiovascular disease.Cardiovasc Drug Rev. 2006 Fall-Winter;24(3-4):275-90.
(6) Dietary nitrate supplementation reduces the O2 cost of low-intensity exercise and enhances tolerance to high-intensity exercise in humans J Appl Physiol 107 (2009): 1144–1155.
(7) Lansley, K.E., et al. "Acute Dietary Nitrate Supplementation Improves Cycling Time Trial Performance." Med Sci Sports Exerc. 43.6 (2011): 1125-31.
(8) Hypotensive and cardio-chronotropic constituents of Tinospora crispa and mechanisms of action on the cardiovascular system in anesthetized rats. J Ethnopharmacol. 2012 Mar 6;140(1):166-78. doi: 10.1016/j.jep.2012.01.006. Epub 2012 Jan 14.
(9) The relaxation effect and mechanism of action of higenamine in the rat corpus cavernosum. Int J Impot Res. 2012 Mar-Apr;24(2):77-83. doi: 10.1038/ijir.2011.48. Epub 2011 Sep 29.
(10) The antiplatelet activity of rutaecarpine, an alkaloid isolated from Evodia rutaecarpa, is mediated through inhibition of phospholipase C. Thromb Res. 1998 Oct 15;92(2):53-64.
(11) Piperine derived from black pepper increases the plasma levels of coenzyme Q10 following oral supplementation. J Nutr Biochem. 2000 Feb;11(2):109-13.
(12) Tsuchung Chang, Wen-liang Chang, and m Shu-fun Huang. "A Clinically Validated Natural Ingredient that Transports Significantly Greater Amount of Nutrients in Blood Stream into Cells for Truly Improved Bioavailability." Nuliv Science.
(13) "Panax notoginseng and its Components Decreased Hypertension via Stimulation of Endothelial-dependent Vessel Dilatation." Vascul Pharmacol. 2012 Jan 3. [Epub ahead of print]
(14) Shirreffs, S.M., et. al. "Fluid and Electrolyte Needs for Training, Competition, and Recovery." J Sports Sci. 29 Suppl 1 (2011): S39-46.
(15) Glaister, M., et. al. "Caffeine Supplementation and Multiple Sprint Running Performance 40.10 (2008): 1835-40.
(16) Mohr, M., et. al. "Caffeine Intake Improves Intense Intermittent Exercise Performance and Reduces Muscle Interstitial Potassium Accumulation." J Appl Physiol. 111.5 (2011): 1372-9. Epub 2011 Aug 11.
(17) Agmatine : metabolic pathway and spectrum of activity in brain. CNS Drugs. 2007;21(11):885-900. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007 Jun 12;104(24):9982-7. Epub 2007 May 29.
(18) Receptor-mediated activation of nitric oxide synthesis by arginine in endothelial cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A.2007 Jun 12;104(24):9982-7. Epub 2007 May 29.
(19) Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science 02 (01); 2011: 176-183 Phytochemistry, traditional uses and cancer chemopreventive activity of Amla
(20) [Pikamilon pharmacokinetics in animals].Farmakol Toksikol. 1991 Mar-Apr;54(2):66-9.
(21) Sandage, B.W., Sabounjian, L.A., Wuronene, R.I. "Effects of Choline on Athletic Performance and Fatigue." Abstract from National Institutes of Health Workshop on The Role of Dietary Supplements for Physically Active People. June 3-4, 1996, Bethesda, MD.
(22) Dose- and time-dependent effects of ethanolic extract of Mucuna pruriens Linn. seed on sexual behaviour of normal male rats. 2009 Apr 21;122(3):497-501. doi: 10.1016/j.jep.2009.01.032. Epub 2009 Jan 31.
(23) Improvement of penile erection, sperm count and seminal fructose levels in vivo and nitric oxide release in vitro by ayurvedic herbs. Andrologia. 2011 Aug;43(4):273-7. doi: 10.1111/j.1439-0272.2010.01068.x. Epub 2011 Mar 28.
(24) Science Watch Dopamine and desire Knockout mice showcase the neurotransmitter's role in motivation. By RACHEL ADELSON March 2005, Vol 36, No. 3 Print version: page 18