MRI: BLACK POWDER ULTRA
Science Infused Pre-Workout Amplifier!
Boosts Training Energy And Power & Helps Delay Workout Fatigue!*
MRI BLACK POWDER ULTRA Product Guide
Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off!For a limited time, buy 1 MRI BLACK POWDER ULTRA, 40 Servings in the flavor of your choice & get 1 50% OFF!Add both items to the cart when you order and a discount for the second item will automatically be applied.
See Store Discounts and Discounted Subtotal at the bottom of the cart.
MRI® BLACK POWDER ULTRA is a groundbreaking pre-workout formula forged from the very latest in emerging research of performance nutrition. Engineered to drive unprecedented workout proficiency, BLACK POWDER ULTRA aggressively targets and engages 7 key factors that drive training capacity and athletic potential.*
The all-new BLACK POWDER ULTRA gives you
advanced ingredients and compounds to:
- Help the Body Generate POWER*
- Stimulate Protein Synthesis and STRENGTH*
- Fight Muscle and Mental Fatigue for STAMINA*
- Amplify Focus, Energy and Reaction Time for INTENSITY*
- "Feed" the Pathways that "Fuel" ENERGY*
- Preserve and Power Muscle Function for RECOVERY*
- Help Boost the Metabolism for Powerful THERMOGENESIS*
A RAGING FURY OF TRAINING INTENSITY
Regardless of individual endeavors, serious, goal-oriented athletes and fitness enthusiasts share one thing in common; an obsession with results. In a quest to turn their aspirations into physical realities, they train with a raging fury of training intensity. This can lead to one more shared attribute - the dreaded fitness "plateau." When the mind and body can no longer keep pace with advanced training regimens, all performance progress can come to a screeching halt.*
MRI BLACK POWDER ULTRA was expressly formulated to match the mental and physical intensity demands of hard-training athletes. The potential for BLACK POWDER ULTRA to drive "next level" performance is nothing short of astounding. Each ingredient, compound and technology in this unprecedented formula was selected based on the latest emerging research in performance nutrition. What you get is a pre-workout formula powerful enough to fuel your insatiable drive.*
TRIGGERING FULL ON MIND-MUSCLE CONNECTIVITY
What would a performance driving pre-workout product be without a focus and training intensity-driving component? BLACK POWDER ULTRA leverages the latest in clinically researched ingredients to bring you an unprecedented, full-on mental performance experience. If you're not in the "working out frame of mind" before your first sip of BLACK POWDER ULTRA... you soon will be. BLACK POWDER ULTRA was designed to engage your CNS and support your energy and focus to razor sharp intensity.*
To gain a better vantage point of how BLACK POWDER ULTRA supports powerful mind-muscle connections, we will start with a little background on how the nervous system works. Nerve cells, called neurons, are filled with "communication chemicals" called neurotransmitters. When a signal reaches the end of a nerve, neurotransmitters are released. The neurotransmitters cross the synapse; the space between the nerve and the receiving cell. The receiving cell(s) "pick-up" the neurotransmitters through receptors that allow for the signal to "deliver its message." Acetylcholine is a primary neurotransmitter in the brain that supports cognition. In muscle cells, acetylcholine carries the signal that engages strong contractions. In this image, you see a close up of a muscle cell receiving acetylcholine. The small indentation on the muscle, just under each nerve ending, is called the post synaptic membrane. The connection between a signaling nerve and the muscle cell that it stimulates is called the neuromuscular junction.*
Your BLACK POWDER ULTRA training drive launches with the time-tested, clinically validated and always reliable power of caffeine. Here are some interesting things to know about caffeine. Caffeine is an FDA-approved ingredient as a stimulant for improving psychomotor performance.i Authoritative sources have documented that caffeine has a stimulating effect on the central nervous system, which results in a temporary energizing effect.ii In addition, a recent meta-analysis of 21 studies examined the effects of caffeine on subjective feelings of vigor and energy. In comparison to placebo, caffeine reduced the rate of perceived exertion during exercise by 5.6% (95% CI: -4.5-6.7%).* In addition, caffeine improved exercise performance by 11.2% (95% CI: 4.6-17.8%).*iii
Of course, BLACK POWDER ULTRA wouldn't be "ultra" without even more neuromodulating ingredients. Enter Mucuna Pruiens and Taurine.
Here's the scoop on M. pruriens - it's been around for quite some time. In the ancient Indian system of medicine, the Ayurveda and Unani, and also the Chinese system of traditional remedies, M. pruriens seeds were used as a tonic, for the improvement of endurance against stress, supporting the immune system, and more.*iv,v,vi Furthermore, M. pruriens has been traditionally used to support sexual health, and for its possible adaptogenic, and neuromodulator support.*
Now for the Taurine side of the equation. Large amounts of taurine are found in the human brain. This is an important consideration because taurine is known to be involved in central nervous system neuromodulation.vii Taurine appears to have multiple functions in the brain including neurotransmission. To explain why requires getting a bit technical. Taurine it may exert its neuromodulating actions by serving as an agonist at receptors of the GABAergic and glycinergic neurotransmitter systems.*viii
THE FULL FURY OF NITRIC OXIDE UNLEASHED
First, let's get something straight. Nitric Oxide is a powerful signaling molecule in the body. Second, for the Arginine "naysayers" out there, studies reveal that the availability of intracellular arginine is a rate-limiting factor of all types of NOS.ix,x,xi Nitric oxide (NO) is synthesized from L-ARG by NO synthase (NOS) in virtually all cell types.xii,xiii BLACK POWDER ULTRA delivers premium Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate - an excellent source of nitric oxide-generating fuel.*
One of the key signaling pathways of nitric oxide is in the endothelial cells of the vascular system. There, nitric oxide triggers the smooth muscles that surround blood vessels to relax - promoting vascular dilation. This effect is known as vasodilaton (a.k.a. "hemodilation" in MRI terms). In turn, hemodilation promotes optimal blood flow that drives nutrients to muscles and vascular "pumps."*
Now, it goes without saying that generating more nitric oxide equals greater potential for massive "pumps." That's where CFM Nitro kicks in. CFM Nitro (ACTINOS®) is a powerful fractionated whey peptide that actually upregulates NOS enzymes! NOS enzymes are the "factories" that convert L-Arginine fuel into hemodilating nitric oxide. We are not talking about a small increase in NOS here. One in vitro study has found that lung cells exposed to Actinos (fractionated whey peptides) significantly increase nitric oxide production in a dose-dependent manner in the range of 474% to 1,169%.*xiv
POWER AND PERFORMANCE OVERDRIVE
BLACK POWDER ULTRA is a multi-force workout amplifier that works on a broad range of physiological fronts that impact every phase of training performance. So far, we have discussed the neurological and hemodilating power of BLACK POWDER ULTRA - now let's talk stamina.*
We discussed the effects of caffeine as a potent neuromodulators, but did you know that is well-known to also delay fatigue during exercise? According to a recent review article, there is little doubt that caffeine is ergogenic in exercise endurance in situations where fatigue occurs in 30-60 minutes.*xv A meta-analysis of 40 double-blind studies confirmed the ergogenic effects of caffeine — particularly for endurance events.xvi In case you are wondering how this applies to you, "endurance event" can be translated, "marathon training session."*
Now, to help drive your "marathon training sessions" even further, BLACK POWDER ULTRA is formulated with genuine Carnosyn® Beta Alanine as a support factor. Beta alanine is suggested by clinical trials to help delay muscle fatigue and buffer muscle acidosis, which plays a role in physical performance and stamina.* Experimental research indicates carnosine plays a role in the pH buffering capacity of muscle, which suggests its involvement in delaying muscle fatigue.xvii Furthermore, controlled clinical trials suggest that increasing muscle carnosine levels though beta-alanine supplementation can delay neuromuscular fatigue and increase time to exhaustion during cycle ergometry tests.*1
INTRA-WORKOUT SUPPORT FOR OPTIMAL
If there was a way to get a jump-start on recovery before a workout was even over, the effects on growth and tomorrow's performance could be staggering. There is a way - it's called BLACK POWDER ULTRA! This powerful pre-workout product was ingeniously formulated to proactively address post-workout recovery efficiency.* One of the key factors that allows for this incredible effect is L-Carnitine, a highly researched amino acid.*
One research group surmised that supplementing with L-Carnitine reduced muscle soreness and markers of muscle damage which play a key role in recovery after resistance exercise.*xviii At least two other trials by the same research group suggested that a twice daily intake L-Carnitine produced favorable responses in reducing muscle soreness, metabolic stress, markers of muscle damage and actual muscle damage, thereby having the potential to influence recovery after resistance exercise.*xix,xx
LIGHTING THE METABOLIC FUSE
OK, now it's time to fully consider why you want to use a pre-workout product. Of course you want to drive your workout intensity - that's a given. However, the end result that you are really looking for is a chiseled, lean physique. With that in mind, doesn't it make sense to leverage your body's fat-burning potential... during your workout?*
BLACK POWDER ULTRA is fully loaded with key ingredients that ignite skeletal muscle bioenergetics. Translation - this formula is designed to help drive fat-to-fuel conversion. Look, why not use some of your own stubborn body fat stores for energy? It's just sitting there, jiggling with every rep and obscuring your hard-earned muscle anyway.*
To see how this works, we need to have another look at Taurine. Preliminary experimental research suggests that taurine can exert blood glucose lowering effects through its ability to improve insulin mediated glucose transport.xxi Researchers have found that taurine controls glucose homeostasis primarily by two mechanisms: by regulating the expression of genes required for the glucose-stimulated insulin secretion and by enhancing peripheral insulin sensitivity. This means that Taurine may elicit a type of nutrient partitioning effect by helping to drive circulating glucose to working muscles (not fat cells).*
Next, an efficacious dose of Citrus aurantium helps to get fat mobilized for incineration. Technically, this is called lipolysis. Synephrine, one of the primary constituents of Citrus aurantium, has been suggested to activate in vitro lipolysis (i.e., fat breakdown) in human adipocytes via activation of the ß-adrenergic receptor.*xxii
Once lipids are "loosed" from their reserves, they are free and "available" for transport into the mitochondria for energy production. This is where L-Carnitine comes into play. Carnitine has a well-established role in cellular metabolism, particularly related to its ability to transport long-chain fatty acids into the mitochondria so they can be oxidized ("burned") to produce energy. The relevance of carnitine's role in this process is further confirmed by its high concentration in tissues like skeletal and cardiac muscle that utilize fatty acids as a dietary fuel.xxiii,xxiv Mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation appears to be rate-limiting for ATP production from fatty acids in exercising humans.xxv In simple speak - L-Carnitine works as a fat "transporter" by helping to move fatty acids into the cellular furnaces (mitochondria) for incineration (energy production).*
THE FOUNDATIONS OF GROWTH
Now, burning some unwanted body fat for energy is a powerful benefit to be sure. However, we want to be certain that there is plenty of powerful muscle underneath to reveal. Otherwise, you might as well keep that layer of fat. Good news; BLACK POWDER ULTRA is fully equipped to support muscle protein synthesis. One key factor that drives this effect is none other than L-Arginine AKG.*
Arginine works on two powerful, muscle-building fronts; it is a precursor to creatine and supports muscle protein synthesis.xxvi,xxvii In addition, arginine promotes mTOR/p70s6k activation.xxviii,xxix,xxx Thereby stimulating protein synthesis and enhancing cell migration. An early signaling event activated by amino acids and growth factors in many cell types is the phosphorylation of the mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR; FRAP), which is functionally linked to ribosomal protein s6 kinase (p70s6k), a kinase that plays a critical regulatory role in the translation of mRNAs and protein synthesis.xxxi,xxxii That was incredibly technical. Here's a loose translation. First, L-Arginine is a key "ingredient" in the production of creatine. Creatine helps to drive muscle power output by quickly "re-fueling" ATP during short bursts of intense training. Next, the really technical bit, L-Arginine is a key signaling agent that helps to activate muscle protein synthesis (supports muscle tissue repair and growth).*
EVERYTHING YOU WANTED... AND MORE
OF WHAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW YOU NEEDED
MRI BLACK POWDER ULTRA delivers everything you demand in a pre-workout product, and more. Never before has MRI engineered such a feat of performance driving perfection. You get a full range of advanced ingredients that drive mental and physical capacity through 7 pathways of performance.*
The MRI BLACK POWDER ULTRA experience engages with a complex of neuromodulators that drive the "mind-muscle" connection and intensity. From the moment the workout begins, the formula's impact on muscle energetics, power and strength are evident. As the training continues, key nutrients fuel energy and drive stamina to help you squeeze out more muscle stimulating reps.* You close your session with a deep breath as the last drop of sweat hits the floor, fully confident that your recovery cycle is already engaged.*
1 The clinical research reported an improvement in the fatigue threshold, which is equivalent to a delay in muscle fatigue.*
- Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. Caffeine Monograph. Available at: http://www.naturaldatabase.com.
- Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary, 19th ed. F.A. Davis Co:Philadelphia, PA; 2001
- Doherty M, Smith PM. Effects of caffeine ingestion on rating of perceived exertion during and after exercise: a meta-analysis. Scand J Med Sci Sports. 2005;15(2):69-78. PMID: 15773860
- Shukla KK, Mahdi AA, Kaleem M. Mucuna pruriens reduces stress. eCAM 2007;0(1):171. Available at: http://ecam.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/full/nem171v1
- Sathiyanarayanan L, Arulmozhi S. Mucuna pruriens Linn: a comprehensive review. Pharmacognosy Rev. 2007;1(1):157-162. Available at: http://www.phcogrev.com/issue1/19.pdf
- Misra L, Wagner H. Extraction of bioactive principles from Mucuna pruriens seeds. Indian J Biochem Biophys. 2007;44(1):56-60. PMID: 17385342
- Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. Taurine. Available at: www.naturaldatabase.com
- El Idrissi A, Trenkner E. Taurine as a modulator of excitatory and inhibitory neurotransmission. Neurochem Res. 2004 Jan;29(1):189-97. PMID:14992278
- Ignarro LJ. Nitric Oxide; Biology and Pathology. London: Academic Press; 2000.
- Gotoh T, Mori M. Arginase II downregulates nitric oxide (NO) production and prevents NO-mediated apoptosis in murine macrophage-derived RAW 264.7 cells. J Cell Biol. 1999; 144: 427-434.
- Mori M, Gotoh T. Regulation of nitric oxide production by arginine metabolic enzymes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000; 275: 715-719.
- Jobgen WS, Fried SK, Fu WJ, et al. Regulatory role for the arginine-nitric oxide pathway in metabolism of energy substrates. J Nutr Biochem. 2006;17(9):571-588. PMID: 16524713
- Wu G, Morris SM. Arginine metabolism: nitric oxide and beyond. Biochem J. 1998;336(1):1-17. PMID: 9806879
- Glanbia Nutritionals. CRM® Nitro Increases Nitric Oxide Production In Human Endothelial Cells. Unpublished report. 2006
- Graham TE. Caffeine and exercise: metabolism, endurance and performance. Sports Med. 2001;31:785-807. Review. PMID: 11583104.
- Doherty M, Smith PM. Effects of caffeine ingestion on exercise testing: a meta-analysis. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2004;14:626-46 [taken from abstract] PMID: 15657469.
- Hill CA, Harris RC, Kim HJ, et al. Influence of beta-alanine supplementation on skeletal muscle carnosine concentrations and high intensity cycling capacity. Amino Acids. 2007;32:225-233.
- Spiering BA, Kraemer WJ, Vingren JL, et al. Responses of criterion variables to different supplemental doses of L-carnitine L-tartrate. J Strength Cond Res. 2007;21:259-264.
- Volek JS, Kraemer WJ, Rubin MR, et al. L-carnitine ltartrate supplementation favorably affects markers of recovery from exercise stress. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2002;282:E474-E482.
- Kraemer WJ, Volek JS, French DN, et al. The effects of L-carnitine L-tartrate supplementation on hormonal responses to resistance exercise and recovery. J Strength Cond Res. 2003;17:455-462.
- Das J, Vasan V, Sil PC. Taurine exerts hypoglycemic effect , improves insulin-mediated glucose transport signaling pathway in heart oxidative stress and apoptosis. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2011 Nov 26. PMID: 22138235
- Carpene C, Galitzky J, Fontana E, et al. Selective activation of h3-adrenoceptors by octopamine: comparative studies in mammalian fat cells. Naunyn-Schmiedeberg's Archives of Pharmacology. 1999;359:310-321. PMID: 10344530
- Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. L-carnitine Monograph. Available at: www.naturaldatabase.com.
- Office of Dietary Supplements. Carnitine Fact Sheet. Available at: http://dietary-supplements.info.nih.gov/factsheets/carnitine.asp.
- Brass E. Carnitine and Sports Medicine: Use or Abuse? Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2004;1033:67-78.
- Appleton J. Arginine: clinical potential of a semi-essential amino. Altern Med Rev. 2002;7(6):512-522. PMID: 12495375.
- Paddon-Jones D, Børsheim E, Wolfe RR. Potential ergogenic effects of arginine and creatine supplementation. J Nutr. 2004;134(10 Suppl):2888S-2894S. PMID: 15465806.
- Rhoads JM, Niu X, Odle J, and Graves LM. Role of mTOR signaling in intestinal cell migration Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 291: G510-G517, 2006.
- Ban, H., K. Shigemitsu, T. Yamatsuji, M. Haisa, T. Nakajo, M. Takaoka, T. Nobuhisa, M. Gunduz, N. Tanaka and Y. Naomoto.2004. Arginine and leucine regulate p70 S6 kinase and 4E-BP1in intestinal epithelial cells. Int J Mol Med. 13:537-543.
- Rhoads JM, Chen W, Gookin J, Wu GY, Fu Q, Blikslager AT, Rippe RA, Argenzio RA, Cance WG, Weaver EM, and Romer LH. Arginine stimulates intestinal cell migration through a focal adhesion kinase dependent mechanism. Gut 53: 2004:514-522.
- Hamilton, DL and Baar, K. Muscle growth: no IGFs, ands, or buts. J Physiol 2008;586:5-6.
- Kimball SR and Jefferson LS. Molecular mechanisms through which amino acids mediate signaling through the mammalian target of rapamycin. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 7: 39-44, 2004.
MRI BLACK POWDER ULTRA Purchase Information
Order today using our 100% secure server and get it at the lowest prices in the world with our fast, inexpensive 2-3 day shipping! NOBODY beats our overall price!
Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off!
|40 Servings $59.99 $32.98|
Recommended For You
Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off!
|40 Servings $59.99 $32.98|
Directions For BLACK POWDER ULTRA: 1 serving (1/2 scoop) twice a day. On training days take your first serving with 4-6 oz (118-177 mL) of water on an empty stomach 0-30 minutes before a workout. Consume your second serving intra workout. Adjust water amount to desired consistency. Do not take more than two servings in a 24 hour period.
Warnings: Consult your healthcare professional prior to use if you have or suspect a medical condition including cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, eye problems, mental illness, asthma, kidney or liver disease, diabetes or cold sores, are taking prescription drugs, or have allergies to arginine, corn, gluten or citrus fruit. Not intended for use by individuals under the age of 18 years. Each serving contains as much caffeine as about 1 cup of coffee. Too much caffeine may cause nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness and occasionally, rapid heartbeat. Drink a minimum of 64 ounces of water per day while using this product. Do not use if you are pregnant or lactating. Do not exceed the recommended daily intake.