How do I use the Bodybuilding.com iOS app?
Installing the Bodybuilding.com iOS app
To post your progress pics, track body measurements, and connect with BodySpace friends from your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, you'll need to visit the iPhone App Store and download the Bodybuilding.com application.
To install the Bodybuilding.com app on an iPhone/iPad/iPod touch:
- Visit www.apple.com/iphone/appstore/ by tapping the App Store icon on the springboard of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- You can also get the application through the iTunes Store.
- Search for Bodybuilding.com Mobile or find it in the alphabetical list of applications. Follow the on-screen install instructions.
- You don't have to be a member of BodySpace in order to install the app, but you can sign up right from your phone right after installation is complete.
When your installation is complete, simply tap the Bodybuilding.com app icon on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to start logging your fitness journey!
Creating an Account
To create a BodySpace account in your new Bodybuilding.com app, simply tap the "New Account" button on the top right of the login page when the app opens.
1. Choose a BodySpace username that is unique to you using only alpha-numeric characters
2. Enter your information in all required fields
3. Tap the "Register" button on the top right of the page to complete the process
Once you have completed this, you will be redirected to your Bodybuilding.com Mobile App home page.
This is the first page you will see when you choose "My BodySpace" from the app home page. To edit your status, follow the instructions below:
1. Tap on the “Fit Status / Motivation Level” button to expand the section.
2. Use the on-screen keyboard to enter in your latest status update. Tap on the "Motivation Level" bar to set your current motivation level.
3. When you are happy with your updates, simply tap "Update" – be sure to tap “Update” for each item. From there, your updates will be saved to your profile and all of your BodySpace friends will be able to see your new updates.
Stats and Goals
Quick Fact: The number highlighted in red to the left of the "Stats & Goals" button tells you how many of your body stats need to be updated..
1. Tap the "Stats & Goals" button on the home screen.
2. From here you will see all of your body measurement stats, such as: weight, body fat, chest, etc. Tap on each of these to update your measurements and view your stat history.
3. Once you've entered a number, tap the field again, you will see a graph detailing your fitness progress as you've entered your stats. Tap the "Edit" button at the top of the screen on any of these pages to enter in your new current measurement, target measurement, and goal date.
4. Tap "Update" at the upper right-hand page to save your stats and return to the goal chart page for that specific body stat.
Managing Your Progress Photos
1. Tap the "Photos" button on the home screen.
2. Tap the “Progress Photos” section.
3. If you already have progress pictures uploaded to your BodySpace profile, tap on a photo to set it as your "Before" or "After" picture, or tap the camera icon at the top right-hand side of the page to upload a picture from your mobile device to your BodySpace profile. This will bring up all of the photos stored on your mobile device.
4. Once you've chosen a picture to upload to your BodySpace page, tap on it to have it uploaded to your BodySpace profile, then you will be able to set the specific pose you are in for your picture. You can choose from many options, such as: Left Profile, Front Relaxed, Double Front Bicep, and much more.
5. Tap "Upload" to go back to the Photo page with your new photo displayed.
Managing Your BodySpace Profile
Customize your BodySpace personal profile at any time by using the Bodybuilding.com app. From the home screen, tap the "My BodySpace" button to be taken to your current dashboard screen. To change details about yourself tap the “More” button and then “About Me”.
Want Bodybuilding.com Forums on the Go? Tap on the "Forums" button on the homepage to get started! You will be brought to the main BodyBuilding.com Forums page. Tap on the name of a thread to navigate to that particular thread. Navigate "back" and "forward" by tapping the two opposite-facing triangle buttons at the top right-hand side of the page.
To reply to a post in a thread:
1. Tap on the "Reply" button located in the bottom right-hand part of a member's post.
2. This will take you to the post editing page. Tap on the comment dialogue box in the middle of the page to bring up the on-screen keyboard.
3. Type your comment and tap the "Done" button on the on-screen keyboard. This will close the keyboard dialogue box. Then tap "Submit Reply" to have your post appear for all to see on the world famous Bodybuilding.com Forums!
The power of the entire Bodybuilding.com exercise encyclopedia is in your hands. Supercharge your workouts with expert movement walkthroughs, detailed exercise picture tutorials, and high quality demonstration videos performed by our world-famous fitness experts. This app is perfect for every fitness need from having it at your side at the gym, to brushing up on your squat technique during your morning commute.
Get started by tapping the "Exercises" button on the home page of the app. From there you will see the different exercise categories: Strength, Cardio, Stretching, etc. Tap on a selection to go to the category main page.
- How do I change my password?
- How do I change my username?
- How do I create an account?
- How do I add items to my Wish List?
- How do I delete my BodySpace account?
- How do I find my username?
- What happens when I forget my password?
- Do I have to create an account in order to make a purchase?
- How do I use the Bodybuilding.com mobile app?
- How do I use an exercise widget on my website?