Placing an Order
/// What happens if my credit or debit card is declined?
In some cases, your bank or credit card company may have a security setting in place which blocks online purchases from Bodybuilding.com. For assistance removing this setting, contact your bank or credit card company.
When your credit or debit card is declined, our shopping cart will let you know immediately. When you submit an order for payment, the authorization is sent to Chase Paymentech. If it is approved, you will get an order number and a receipt. If it is declined, a message displays letting you know so you can try again or contact your credit or debit card company.
Most often credit or debit card transactions are denied for one of the following reasons:
- Going over the account spending limit
- Entering the wrong card number
- Entering the wrong expiration date
- Entering the wrong CV2 security code
- Entering a name that doesn't match the name on the card
- Entering a billing address that does not match what the credit card company has on file
- Having a security setting in place to block online purchases
- Placing an order using a card that has not been activated
- Having a security setting in place that has flagged the purchase as possible fraud
For specific and detailed information on why your transaction was declined, contact your bank; they will have a record of the decline and be able to provide the reason.
Bodybuilding.com is not notified with the reason a transaction is declined. Once the issue with your bank has been resolved, or if you choose to use a different card or payment method, re-submit your order and we'll get it out to you right away.
If you continue having problems submitting a credit or debit card payment, we also offer the following payment methods: PayPal, Bank Wire Transfer, Western Union, or Money Order.
If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact our award winning Customer Service department. We'd love to help you anytime; 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.