Multivitamin Capsule For Overall Health*
Superior Forms Of Nutrients Backed By Scientific Research*
AOR Ortho-Core Product Guide
Ortho-Core is one of the most advanced, balanced, and comprehensive core nutritional supplement available. Ortho-Core is formulated with a broad spectrum of vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients whose role in supporting optimal health is backed by scientific research. Unique features of Ortho-Core include the presence of the complete E-complex, a broad spectrum of key phytonutrients and substrates for detoxification reactions, the formulation of dosages based on published human epidemiology, and the use of superior forms of nutrients, such as Se-methylselenocysteine and Menatetrenone.Deficiencies vs. Imbalances
It has been well-established that the diet of mainstream society is rampantly deficient in essential nutrients. The need to redress these deficiencies has necessitated the existence of multivitamin formulations, and these formulations react to perceived deficiencies. If a study suggests we are not getting enough vitamin A, supplement manufacturers will often add an arbitrarily large amount of vitamin A to their multivitamin formulations. If another study emphasizes the importance of zinc, large amounts of zinc might be added in similar fashion. While this might make some short-term sense, it does not take into account that all nutrients work together and in synergy. For example, zinc depends on copper for optimum utilization, preferably in a 10 to 1 ratio. Therefore, any supplement manufacturer who adds more zinc to their multivitamin formulation will have to increase copper content proportionately. Failure to do so will result in an imbalance of this important ratio, leading to the suppression of copper-based antioxidant enzymes. Another example of these arbitrarily conceived amounts are the B-complex vitamins. One might be struck by the fact that multivitamins always seem to list their B-complex in precisely the same amounts. It is always the same 50 or 100 milligrams for each and every B vitamin (except for folic acid). What are the chances of the body optimally needing precisely the same amounts of half a dozen different B vitamins, each with its own exclusive biological role to play?Quality vs. Quantity
The imbalance created by adding disproportionate amounts of certain nutrients is compounded by the fact that the composition of those nutrients is too often not of the optimal source. Therefore, excessive amounts of these synthetic and/or inferior nutrients can be at best wasteful, and at worst toxic or even harmful.
So what is the answer to this random, arbitrary, ad-hoc approach to the formulation of daily multivitamins? The short answer is vigilance, especially from consumers, health professionals and supplement manufacturers. Vigilance in this case leads to a product called Ortho-Core.Enter the Core
It was precisely the imbalances of this "mega-dose and hope for the best" archetype that led scientists at Advanced Orthomolecular Researchï¿½ (AOR) to develop Ortho-Core. Ortho-Core sets itself apart from other multivitamins in two ways: the first is that it does not concern itself with mega-doses. Instead, it pays extraordinary attention to balancing ratios of essential nutrients to one another in order to achieve a synergistic result. Secondly, it pays meticulous attention to combining sources of those essential nutrients and balancing their ratios for optimal synergy as well. Here are some of the essential components of Ortho-Core.
Vitamin A Complex: Ortho-Core's vitamin A is a far cry from the mega-dose of beta-carotene. It contains the optimal dosage combined with an innovative diversity of carotenoids that includes alpha and beta carotene, lutein, zeaxanthin and lycopene. Even these diverse micronutrients are selected for an optimal ratio. Ortho-Core's full-spectrum vitamin A complex even encompasses an effective dose of astaxanthin, a unique carotenoid that even on its own has demonstrated effectiveness in clinical studies for eye, gastrointestinal and cardiovascular health.
Vitamin B Complex: There is no 50 or 100 milligrams across the board here. The amount for each and every B vitamin is selected for the body's most efficient utilization. Furthermore, Ortho-CoreTM includes B-vitamins in their effective co-enzyme forms, including methylcobalamin and pyridoxal-5'-phosphate, the active co-enzyme forms of B-12 and B-6 respectively.
Vitamin E Complex: Vitamin E is a complex that consists of eight different molecules. Most supplements contain only one vitamin E molecule: alpha-tocopherol, which actually lowers the levels of the other E molecules. The most common E molecule in food (and in Ortho-Core), is gamma-tocopherol.
Vitamin C Complex: Ortho-Core's vitamin C complex begins with a powerful dose of magnesium ascorbate, but it also contains a bioflavonoid mix that includes Quercetin. This ubiquitous micronutrient is known for supporting mitochondrial function in heart cells as well as inhibiting the androgen receptors.
Zinc-Copper Balance: Ortho-Core includes a safe and optimal ratio of these two interdependent essential minerals.
Trace Minerals: Official government nutrition panels only recognize 13 essential vitamins and 15 essential minerals. Recently, chromium was added to the latter, but the evidence is compelling that boron, silicon, and vanadium are just as necessary to maintain health, and Ortho-Core includes them all.
Phytonutrients: These are the thousands of biologically active substances found in plants. Ortho-Core contains the phytonutrients most strongly supported by studies on humans, including pomegranate and sulforaphane.
Biotransformation Conjugates: These are a series of diverse and effective compounds designed to enhance the already-formidable nutrient arsenal of Ortho-Core. These include epigallocatechin gallate, or EgCG, the active ingredient in green tea that are supported by extensive volumes of research. Also included are R(+)- lipoic acid and Co-enzyme Q10. These enhancers of the mitochondria (the ï¿½powerhouse' of the cell) have long been part of the standard regimens of those truly determined to take charge of their own health. R(+)- lipoic acid and Co-enzyme Q10 also work synergistically with vitamins C and E, as well as n-acetylcysteine, or NAC, all of which are included in Ortho-Core.
Ortho-Core was formulated to lead the pack, not follow it. Nor was it meant to rest on its laurels. This is reflected in the meticulous research involved from its inception to its manufacture - and its continuous improvement. The next time you make a choice in selecting your daily multivitamin, it would help to remember that a monsoon can be just as destructive as a drought, and that the latest forecast is always the most valuable.
- Rygh O. Reserches sur les oligo elements. "I. Des l'importance du strontium, du baryum, du thallium et du zinc dans les scorbuts." Bull Soc Chim Biol. 1949;31:1052. Cited by (17, 19)
- Schroeder HA, Tipton IH, Nason AP. "Trace metals in man: strontium and barium." J Chronic Dis. 1972 Sep; 25(9):491-517
- Paolini M, Antelli A, Pozzetti L, Spetlova D, Perocco P, Valgimigli L, Pedulli GF, Cantelli-Forti G. "Induction of cytochrome P450 enzymes and over-generation of oxygen radicals in beta-carotene supplemented rats." Carcinogenesis. 2001 Sep; 22(9); 1483-95
- Liu C, Wang XD, Bronson RT, Smith DE, Krinsky NI, Russell RM. "Effects of physiological versus pharmacological beta-carotene supplementation on cell proliferation and histopathological changes in the lungs of cigarette smoke-exposed ferrets. Carcinogenesis. 2000 Dec;21(12): 2245-53
- Stites TE, Rucker RB. "Physiological importance of quinoenzymes and the O-quinone family of cofactors.' J Nutr. 2000 Apr;130(4):719-27
- Kasahara T, Kato T. Nutritional biochemistry: A new redox-cofactor vitamin for mammals. Nature. 2003. April 24;422(6934):832.
- Yuan H, Gong A, Young CY. "Involvement of transcription factor Sp1 in quercetin-mediated inhibitory effect on the androgen receptor in human prostate cancer cells." Carcinogenesis. 2005 Apr;26(4):793-801. Epub 2005 Jan 20.
- Sawaki K, et al. (2002) Sports performance benefits from taking natural astaxanthin characterized by visual activity and muscle improvements in humans. Journal of Clinical Therapeutics & Medicine 18(9): 73-88.
- Mukhtar H, Ahmad N. Tea polyphenols: prevention and optimizing health. Am J Clin Nutr. 2000 Jun; 71(6 Suppl): 1698S-702S.
- Hagen TM, Ingersoll RT, Lykkesfeldt J, Liu J, Wehr CM, Vinarsky V, Bartholomew JC, Ames AB. (R)-alpha-lipoic acid-supplemented old rats have improved mitochondrial function, decreased oxidative damage, and increased metabolic rate. FASEB J. 1999 Feb;13(2):411-8.
- Baggio E, Gandini R, Plancher AC, et al. Italian multicenter study on the safety and efficacy of coenzyme Q10 as adjunctive therapy in heart failure. Mol Aspects Med. 1994; 15(Suppl):287-294.
AOR Ortho-Core Purchase Information
Order today using our 100% secure server and get it at the lowest prices in the world with our fast, inexpensive 2-3 day shipping! NOBODY beats our overall price!
|$60.00 $45.99||In Stock|
Recommended For You
Customers who have purchased AOR Ortho-Core also purchased:See All Recommendations
|$60.00 $45.99||In Stock|
Directions For Ortho-Core: Take up to six capsules daily with meals, or as directed by a qualified health care practitioner. Take a few hours before or after taking other medications.
Warnings: Do not take if you are pregnant or nursing. Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are taking anticoagulants or blood thinners as warfarin (Coumadin®), or if you are taking blood pressure medication, have diabetes or a liver disorder. Consult a health care practitioner if you develop symptoms of liver trouble or for use beyond 12 weeks.