MONTH #3 - Time to Split
Ok, so here we are in Month 3. Hopefully, you've successfully completed Month 1 and Month 2, and are experiencing great results. I hope my tips on what you should have experienced during those months helped to understand what you were going through. With the last 2 months firmly situated under your lifting belts, here is what you should expect in Month 3.
1. Your overall training volume will remain unchanged. You will continue to work out 3 days per week on alternating days. The number of sets per workout will remain at 30 total sets.
2. You will alternate Day 1 - Legs with Day 2 - Upper. For example, you would perform workout 1 on Monday, workout 2 on Wednesday, workout 1 on Friday in week 1. In week 2 you would perform workout 2 on Monday, workout 1 on Wednesday, and workout 2 on Friday. You would then start back over on the same rotation for weeks 3 and 4 and so on.
3. You will be doubling you workout volume per bodypart in each individual workout, although your total workout volume will remain unchanged. What this means is that instead of doing just one exercise for each upper body part, you will now perform two. This will result in a more significant amount of muscular trauma, which in turn will require a greater amount of rest between workouts in order to repair the damage. This increased volume will definitely result in a greater amount of muscular soreness, so you should be prepared for that.
4. The exercises are all of the exercises that you have already been performing during the last two months, so you shouldn't have to spend a great deal of time perfecting form (this should have already been accomplished), and instead should focus on increasing your intensity.
5. Rest intervals between sets should remain at 60-90 seconds. Repetitions should also remain at 8-12.
6. Do not attempt to add additional workouts to this schedule, as at this point, it would be overkill. Stick with my cardio. and dietary suggestions from last month.
7. During this month, you should notice a greater muscular pump in each of the bodyparts you are working. This is due to the increased volume and subsequent increase of blood in the muscle.
8. You should notice an even greater amount of muscular growth during this month.
9. Next month we will introduce you to some new exercises to keep things fresh and to add to your repertoire of exercises.
See you next month. Good luck and train hard.
CHOOSE YOUR FORMAT BELOW TO VIEW THE WORKOUT!
Good luck with your continuation to your optimal physique. Train hard, eat smart, and most importantly, be consistent.
See you next month!