Vitor Belfort's Core Strength & Explosiveness
Vitor attacks some awesome core strength training with Bonacci to activate explosive, fast-twitch muscle response!
Find this video on the Video Network where you can leave comments, rate the video and download your own copy!
Part 2: Core Strength and Explosiveness
See Video Above For Exercise Demonstrations.
- Weighted Lateral Bridge (25lb): 50 seconds, 1 set, each side
- Double Leg Glute Bridge: 12 reps, 2 sets
- Lateral Medicine Ball Wall Throw: 8 reps, 1 set, each side
- Warm-up Deadlift: 3 reps, 1 set
- Barbell Power Clean: 3 reps, 3 sets
- Kettle Bell Squat with Resistance Band: 3 Sets: Set 1 at 8 reps; Set 2 at 6 reps; Set 3 at 4 reps
The following exercises are an example of a week circuit done by MMA Superstar Vitor Belfort in preparation for a big fight. Vitor alternates this strength and conditioning circuit with MMA technique training on the "off" days. The number of reps and sets as well as the amount of weight used for certain exercises are for example purposes.
When performing the following workouts one should consider his or her own current strength and fitness level. Workouts are intended to progress in weight, pace and intensity in order to build strength, flexibility and endurance. Gradually build up to higher reps, greater weights and shorter rest periods.
- Day 1: General Conditioning
- Day 2: Upper Body Emphasis
- Day 3: Lower Body Emphasis
|Share This Article: