Orange Almond Biscotti
Orange Almond Biscotti!
Video Article: Get Lean, Eat Clean With Jamie Eason - Orange Almond Biscotti Cookies
Eating clean doesn't have to be unappetizing. Jamie Eason is in the Bodybuilding.com kitchen to share some of her favorite clean recipes to help get you lean.
Today's recipe is Orange Almond Biscotti Cookies.
Orange Almond Biscotti Cookies
Watch The Video - 13:31
- 2 cups Oat Flour
- 1 cup Splenda, Truvia, or Ideal
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Orange Extract
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ tbsp Almond Extract
- 4 Egg Whites
- 4oz baby food Applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients (oat flour, baking powder, salt) together in a large bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients (egg whites, Splenda, almond extract, orange extract, baby food applesauce) together in a medium bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
- Spray baking sheet with a non stick butter spray and spread mixture on sheet.
- Bake for 20 min on middle rack.
- Remove biscotti from oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut dough down the middle and cut into about 13 slices.
- Bake in oven for another 15-20 minutes.
Makes about 26 cookies.
Serving Size 1 cookie
- Follow This Discussion by:
Ok.... I am making these at the moment.... but I am unsure when it is a good time to have the cookies.. in the morning with my coffee? even though I had my breakfast as well?
These cookies.. does one count as one serving of starch?
I am severely deaf and your videos do not have any closed captions/subtitles so an answer would be appreciated... I get cravings for anything sweet so this could be my answer when the time comes!
Thanks. Leah x
Sorry that no one responded to your question but I may be able to help. As it states, never eat a starch after 7pm or 3 hours before bedtime. With that being said, it is best to eat one serving of this as early as possible. We still have to wait to eat every 3 hours so try not to eat in between those times. Hopes this helps!
Fantastic recipe, came out great.
Instead of cutting back the egg when using liquid whites, I added one scoop of vanilla whey and it balanced about right. I also sprinkled splenda mixed with pie spices (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves) on top before baking to give it a crisp sweet crunch.
A trick I learned if the biscotti come out too dry: Put them in an airtight container with a piece of fresh bread. The moisture from the bread will spread out to the biscotti and re-hydrate them slightly.
The Better Bodies Women's Support 2-Layer Top is A Great Top With Really Good Support! Get the Lowest Prices on the Women's Support 2-Layer Top at Bodybuilding.com!