For vegetarians or vegans on the quest for more muscle, getting enough protein every day can be a challenging task. You can down only so many pea or brown rice protein shakes before the blender blahs set in. That's why I came up with this high-protein tofu dinner recipe! It's delicious, healthy, vegan-friendly and will help you build muscle. All in all, it's a recipe full of win.
Pair this recipe with your favorite carb source. I poured the tofu over jasmine rice and garnished it with some green onions, dragon fruit, and pineapple. Yum.
After you make this, let me know how it turned out in the comments section below.
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- Pinch of sea salt
- 12 oz tofu
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Mix brown sugar, soy sauce, chili flakes, sesame oil, garlic cloves, ginger and sea salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Pour olive oil into sauce pan and heat.
- Fry tofu in pan for about 10 minutes.
- Pour sauce into pan and cook for 3-5 minutes. Sauce will thicken and the tofu will absorb much of it.
- When tofu is done, pour over your favorite carb source and eat up!
Serving Size (1) Recipe yields 2