Name: Josh Studzinski
Before: January 1, 2008
Weight: 210 lbs
Waist: 38 ½"
Chest: 55 ¼"
Body Fat: 14%
After: May 24, 2008
Weight: 170 lbs
Biceps: 16 ¼"
Body Fat: 6%
Why I Got Started
I started bodybuilding at the age of eighteen, but after going through a couple years of college my body started to get flabby and out of shape.
I knew something needed to change at the time, so I did a bodybuilding competition through my school. I took first place in the lightweight division, but afterwards I put on weight really fast and unhealthy. I went from 150 pounds to 210 pounds in less than six months, and mostly everything I put on was fat.
On January 1st, I learned of another bodybuilding competition, and decided to enter and put my all into my diet for the next couple months. The training and dieting for this competition was the hardest thing I have ever went through, but I would do it all again in a heartbeat.
Watching the body change everyday adds so much motivation and inspiration every morning. Doing this diet and changing my body was the greatest thing I have accomplished mentally and physically. Transforming the body into a health machine is wonderful thing, and seeing my progress was unbelievable.
What Got Me Started
The main reason I got started was because my father and I are started a motivational speaking company called Revolutionizing Growth. I was going to be speaking about being healthy and having your mind and body physically and emotionally ready for a healthy life, but I was still out of shape after my last competition.
I knew I needed to transform my body, and January 1st was the day to start on my journey of a radical transformation. I am so happy I did this, and am so privileged and excited to help and motivate others to take that step to turn their out of shape body into a healthy and active one.
How I Did It
I managed to do it by staying very focused on the task at hand. I was away at Eastern Illinois University while training, which made concentrating very difficult.
Bodybuilding is a lifestyle that you choose, and isn't a sport that ends any time of the day. To compete, you have to eat, sleep, and drink bodybuilding to be successful.
The supplements I took:
My diet consisted of a repetitive eating pattern to make sure I knew what was going into my body and how much. This concept made it easy to judge the calories and macronutrient amounts for optimal weight loss.
- Same as lunch
Snack: 2 hours before bed
- Bench press- 3 sets 12-10 reps
- Incline bench press- 3 sets 12-10 reps
- Decline bench press- 3 sets 12-10 reps
- Flat bench flies- 1 set Failure
- Dumbbell Curls- 3 sets 12-10 reps
- Barbell Curls- 3 sets 12-10 reps
- 21's- 1 set failure
- Tricep Pull down- 3 sets 12-10 reps
- Kickbacks- 3 sets 12-10 reps
- Reverse Curls- 3 sets 12-10 reps
- Wrist Curls- 3 sets 12-10 reps
- Hammer Curls- failure
- Lateral Raises- 3 sets 12-10 reps
- Military Press- 3 sets 12-10 reps
- Bent over lateral raises- 3 sets 12-10 reps
- Behind the head military press- 3 sets 12-10 reps Traps
- Dumbbell Shrugs- 3 sets 12-10 reps
- Smith machine shrugs- 3 sets 12-10 reps
- Close grip pull down- 3 sets 12-10 reps
- Rows- 3 sets 12-10 reps
- Dumbbell rows- 3 sets 12-10 reps
- Pull-ups- 1 set Failure
- Squats- 3 sets 12-10 reps
- Leg press- 3 sets 12-10 reps
- Leg curls- 3 sets 12-10 reps
- Calf raises- 3 sets 12-10 reps
- Leg extensions- 3 sets 12-10 reps
Tuesday: Biceps, Triceps, Forearms:
Click To Enlarge.
First 7 Reps - MPEG (297 KB) - Windows Media (88 KB)
Next 7 Reps - MPEG (247 KB) - Windows Media (78 KB)
Last 7 Reps - MPEG (1.1 MB) - Windows Media (277 KB)
Wednesday: Shoulders, Traps:
Sunday: Rest or Repeat at Monday
Suggestions For Others
I have a few suggestions for people looking to transform their bodies:
- Don't Wait- if want to take your body to a new level, you need to start as soon as possible.
- Stop Making Excuses- It's a holiday. I can't start a diet on a Wednesday. I have too much weight to lose. Excuses are just going to hinder you from ever starting a diet. You have to be serious with the diet and with yourself, and not put it off with meaningless excuses.
- Be True To Yourself- don't listen to others when they are telling you can't accomplish something. Turn that negative energy into a positive and focused attitude. Prove them wrong, and I guarantee it will be one of the best feelings.